Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #6126 (permalink)
Green Light
Today Is The Day

Green Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREWGreen Light is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Peter View Post
Apart from avoiding predictability I'd say that one point to it is that it will make Rock give Punk a bigger rub in a story that still has Rock as the final winner. The Rock is in no danger of losing his popularity and I'd say that it's probably more necessary overall to have him help the #1 heel than it is to give a rub to Cena.

I'm not expecting it to happen though, but I do think it would be the better choice. Another factor of what would be best is of course also how much The Rock can be on Raw from now to WM. It's hard to take into account though since we have no idea.
Yeah just because it's unpredictable doesn't mean it's good, either for the story or for business (:hhh)

And like I said if Punk is to win at the Rumble that's fine, but to then have him lose it at the Chamber would be a bad decision. Giving Rock the title for a few weeks just to put over Cena would be stupid, it would massively devalue whatever Punk does at Mania too.

Chamber isn't going to do nearly as well as the Rumble either in terms of buys so I find it hard to believe they'd put the title on Rock for the first time in 11 years when there is like 200,000 people watching compared to half a million at the Rumble.