Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #6122 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Evil Peter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Light View Post
Don't believe either of those reports tbh. I think Rock will either win it at the Rumble or not at all. If they are gonna keep the title on Punk until the Chamber then why not keep it on him until Mania? It would make whatever match he is in much bigger and Rock would only lose the title there anyway (Mania). A 5 week reign seems pointless to me.
Apart from avoiding predictability I'd say that one point to it is that it will make Rock give Punk a bigger rub in a story that still has Rock as the final winner. The Rock is in no danger of losing his popularity and I'd say that it's probably more necessary overall to have him help the #1 heel than it is to give a rub to Cena.

I'm not expecting it to happen though, but I do think it would be the better choice. Another factor of what would be best is of course also how much The Rock can be on Raw from now to WM. It's hard to take into account though since we have no idea.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome