Wrestling Forum banner

Just how does he do it..?

7K views 75 replies 60 participants last post by  KingJohn 
#1 ·
Unbelievable how the Rock managed to get a reaction from that crowd even from him, they was pretty dead all night apart from a few cheers here and there (e.g Orton).

Punk was getting some sort of reaction, but it seem to drag on for too long and the crowd got stale and seem bored, however the rock had them eating out of his hand. I know thats what the rocks famous for, but last night it really stood out in my opinion.

Im not a rock mark, but i've got to give him a lot of credit for last night to get the reaction he did out the crowd.

#67 ·
How does The Rock never get any heat?

Outside the ring you have heard various people voice their opinion about The Rock, both superstars and fans alike. However, when it comes to RAW or PPV's, you never ever heard any boos for The Rock. I am quite surprised at this, even more so that now he is feuding with CM Punk. I am still pretty sure come the Rumble, that the fans will be 95% behind The Rock.

#68 · (Edited)
Re: How does The Rock never get any heat?

Outside the ring,I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Rock.Even Taker has one or two things said bad about him.

I don't think he will get booed nowdays.It's a mixture of respect and nostalgia.Back then,there is the famous example of Rock getting booed against Hogan.

Regarding his match with Punk,I expect it to 80-20 or 90-10 in favour of Rock.I have a feeling smarks are going to cheer Punk.

I don't think Punk will receive a face like reaction and Rock getting booed by a majority.Punk couldn't make HHH get booed.He can't do it against the Rock.Unless the match is in Chicago.

#73 ·

He was one of the biggest names during the Attitude Era so a lot of fans who watched during that time period have fond memories of him and are marking out that he's back again. He's also one of the few who is allowed to swear during RAW and I'm pretty sure he gets a lot of freedom when it comes to his promos (which is kind of unfair to the rest, yes, but he has earned it), and even though the product is PG most fans like the attitude stuff anyway. He also hasn't been exposed as much as someone like Cena who's been on our TV screen non stop since 2005 (longer than Rock's full time run) and pushed down our throats.

By the way he did get booed in 2003 remember which is why he turned heel to Hollywood Rock. Which then made fans like him again :side:

#74 ·

It's The Rock. People respect him. That's the difference between Cena & Sheamus and The Rock.
Cena & Sheamus try to get respect when they are booed, they are push too fast so people just boo them and don't care if they do good things.
The Rock gain the respect of everybody before being pushed so nobody boo him because they respect everything he have done

#75 · (Edited)

CM Punk was getting cheered against Clay, right? But what happened..he got on the mic afterwards and the fans went dead silent because the knew was speaking against the Rock next and the Rock is one of the guys who saved pro wrestling in America. Period. That's above DX and Undertaker historically. You wouldn't have Monday Night Raw if not for Rock and Austin beating the NwO, Sting, and Goldberg. There would be no CM Punk, Cena, or any of these new guys trying to find their voice on the mic and in the ring. Houston TX, the 4th biggest market in the US, knows that. Even when Punk was red hot, he made those comments about the Rock in all of those interviews and when he went back to Chicago, his pop wasn't the same but when Cena brought up the Rock later that night, there was an overwhelming Rocky chant. True legends never die.

As for the Rumble match? It's a dream match type deal. All I know is the crowd is gonna be ultra loud for the match...this may be the Rock's final run in the ring so don't expect him to get spat on for some kid who had to shoot to go to the next level.

#76 ·

Why would they boo him? CM Punk is no where near popular enough to have the fans boo the Rock especially as a heel. I'm sure CM Punk will get some cheers at RR, but I'd be shocked if the crowd was any less than 80% (at worst) in Rock's favor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.