Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Royal Rumble Match Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
BIG POPPA PRATCH
HOLLA... if you BEER ME

BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500BIG POPPA PRATCH 9001 - 9500
Default Re: Official Royal Rumble Match Discussion Thread

I want to see Undertaker win the RR. Hear me out.

For me, the streak was finalized in the "End of an Era" match. 20-0 is where it stands and where it should end. (Yeah, I know logic should not be applied, but what I want is what I want and until it happens, a guy can hope, right?) But who has the cred to end the streak and not hurt their "fanbase"? For me, the choice is obvious. C.M. Punk has to be the one to end the streak. Look at how he has been selling himself to the fans. He wins "in spite" of them. The bottom line is, he wins, and has held the belt longer than anyone in decades. Originally, I believed he could hold the belt until Wrestlemania, setting up the ultimate "Title vs Streak" showdown. But really, he could drop the belt at the RR, and win it back at the Elimination Chamber still setting up the ultimate showdown. Which is of course dependent on Taker winning the RR. But if Taker comes out at 30, he won't have to be out there very long, and furthermore won't have to have a match until Wm29. Punk can turn face again by Wm29, easily enough done Heyman standing behind him (poised to stab him in the back). Making it similiar to HBK's match when he "retired" Flair, when he did it even though he felt bad about it, because it had to be done. Or he could just continue being the heel he is, ending the streak because he "wants to". But I think the fans would buy it, with Punk having had such a good year and a half.

If Punk does drop the belt at RR, with Taker winning the Rumble, there is still going to be plenty of drama to be sold as far as who he is going to face. One way or another, I think Taker is going to have to pass the torch this year, and how better to do that than in a Title vs Streak match? And does the RR winner have to choose a belt to go after? Could Taker win the RR and just choose to face Punk to shut him up and prove he is not the "Best in the World"?
BIG POPPA PRATCH is offline   Reply With Quote