Wrestling Forum banner

TNA Gut Check expands starting on Thursday’s IMPACT WRESTLING

6K views 85 replies 43 participants last post by  Jeff Hardy Hater 
#1 ·
In the Spring of 2012IMPACT WRESTLING brought the TNA Gut Check to Spike TV! This competition sees an aspiring wrestler got a chance to tell his story, have a match and be evaluated with the ultimate goal of earning an IMPACT WRESTLING contract! Alex Silva, Taeler Hendrix, Sam Shaw, Wes Brisco and Christian York have all passed their Gut Checks to earn a spot on the roster. Now, the competition is getting even bigger!

Previously, the TNA Gut Check contestant would wrestle a member of the IMPACT WRESTLING roster in an attempt to impress the judges! Starting on Thursday’s broadcast, TWO Gut Check contestants will compete head-to-head. They will tell their story and face off against each other in the Gut Check match! The judging panel (Sr. VP of Talent Relations Bruce Prichard, Sr. Director of Talent Relations Al Snow, and former Two-Time World Champion Taz) will evaluate both wrestlers performance and give their final verdict on the January 17 IMPACT broadcast.

Tune in Thursday night to find out who these two new TNA Gut Check contestants are and follow their journey!

JAY BRADLEY VS BRIAN CAGE ? :eek: We can only hope that this is what we will be getting!!!!!

#49 ·
Re: I'm marking out!

RYAN BRADDOCK THE STAR OF THE ECW NEW TALENT INITIATION
Nicky the star from spirit squad, are you guys really gonna start the wwe reject crap for bradley?

#57 ·
Established? The casual fan who doesn't follow the indys or participate in message boards probably doesn't know who he is. I like the concept, much better than the original format, but fans are going to have to accept that we will get alot of duds on screen simply due to TNA not being able to sign someone every week.

#59 ·

There going to only choose only one of them on the gut check :(
i really cant see them letting either Bradley or Cage go. I picture Cage getting the big win and then Bradley going with Aces and 8's. from what i read about bradley he just seems like to much of a talent to let go. i know what Brian Cage can do in the ring and its the same thing.

#58 ·

About time they got some talent on there instead of some OVW bums.

#61 ·
i hope this indy build up keeps coming would love to see Bucks back in TNA they have grown a lot, SSB is another team i would love to see. maybe once a year do a DDT type format. have the even boil down to 2 teams at the end and then facing each other on the next impact for the contract.

#63 ·

There's no way that they only take one. Both these guys have huge potential and the fact that they're facing off against one another leads me to believe the finish will be a time limit, double countout, or something like that.

I could only dream of the Impact Zone welcoming Cage with a "GET YOUR SHIT IN" chant, but they won't know who he is. Bradley is just badass, has everything you want in a wrestler/entertainer.

Really looking forward to this.

#66 ·
I like the idea, it actually gives us more of a reason to care about Gut Check, not that we shouldnt have cared about it to begin with. It makes it more important to not give one contestant, but two, since they'll be against each other and fighting for a real place on the TNA roster.

It kind of gives people a chance to see who they'd like more out of the two which is always an important factor. Well, it would be if TNA audiences would calm the hell down, they'd go nuts if a dust-pan and mop made a debut as a tag team there.

#70 ·
Also Im kind of confused where it says its Jay Bradley and Brian cage in the article, or where its even reported its either of them, so... ???

#72 ·

Is bradley vs the machine confirmed? I want both signed.

#75 ·
cool this is confirmed then. Big Cage fan and Bradley seems cool. Definitely better than any gut check contestant not called Joey Ryan

also how is Cage called mr "get your shit in" yet nobody has made a joke about him stealing kurt angles gimmick yet? :side:

#82 ·
So far that Taeler Hendrix sig is impressing me a lot.

#86 ·
Bradley loses and joins A&8's, almost guaranteed.

I remember reading that he had been under a mask for a while now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.