Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread
View Single Post
post #7602 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Chancery
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce L View Post
I just got it, and I thought it was very good from an in-ring perspective. It seems like a lot of people have lost tolerance for RoH lately, so your mileage may vary, but I'm definitely one of the people who's lost interest in the product over the past year-and-a-half or so, and this show had enough good matches to be a worthwhile view. Definitely weird to see how the production has changed since the last full show I watched, which was Best in the World 2011.
With ROH, it's usually the bigger shows they're hitting on nowadays, and the occasional DVD show will surprise you (like last year's Unity from Chicago Ridge). I don't think their product is "bad," as many around seem to, but it's certainly not the juggernaut it once was in the mid-2000s. Honestly, in a vacuum, ROH is actually fairly solid. Compared to most companies today, their roster is top-notch and they have some intriguing stories. It's just that when compared to their old selves, it pales, and that's why some of these brilliant shows slip through the cracks.

I also dug Border Wars fro May 2012, so check that one if you haven't. Has the Steen title win in a really fun match.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome