Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #13569 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK WOOLCOCK
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of either Punk/Jericho match. Jericho doesn't strike me as someone who should work a brawl (pretty sure he used a chinlock/resthold at one point) and his offence just lacks that violent aspect that lends itself to a 'fight'. Punk took some pretty big bumps to put over the match which I liked and the stuff with his sister was quite good. Aside from that the only other positive aspect I took from it was that both men wore street clothes which is something I wish everyone did when wrestling a street fight/gimmick match.

I'm spoilt in a way by watching Memphis and Lucha brawls which perfectly capture that authentic violence and utter hatred for your opponent. Once you see Sangre Chicana biting someone's bloody forehead and spitting blood into the air or Jerry Estrada headbutting a referee for trying to break up his assault you kinda struggle to get properly invested in a WWE version of a 'brawl'.