Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
DualShock
Working on my possession

DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500DualShock 9001 - 9500
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Sorry, but unlike 1995, 2012 set out on a mission to fuck up, destroy and then do the worst possible job of reinventing some of the most simple fucking wrestling concepts that a 2 year old could figure them out. Things like "don't beat the heel twice clean on television in the weeks preceding the PPV and expect people to pay $55 to buy the PPV just to end up seeing the heel win." Yeah, 1995 didn't fuck up that badly.

1995 was just a bad year. 2012 made people seriously question why they were still wrestling fans, the WWE has made wrestling THAT uncool, uninteresting and so completely devalued and meaningless.
This
2012 is even worse than 1995 but I didn't want to start a talk about 2012 in a 1995 thread but I'm not surprised it's already mentioned because it's true.
In 1995 we had shitty gimmicks but at least the wrestling shows were about wrestling. They mentioned the make-a-wish stuff 1-2 times in a year but it was all about the wrestlers and the matches no matter how good or bad they are unlike today.
We had some hilarious match types like the hog pen match or the kiss my foot match but at least every match had a real storyline why they had this match.
Today it's just "I will fight you for the 500th time to see who the better man is" or "I want you in this type of match because that match type is also the name of the next PPV"
WWE accomplished to have a shitty year depite appearances by The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Paul Heyman. The big names in 1995 like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Randy Savage or Sting were unavailable because they were in WCW and the stars who were in WWE during that time like Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon and Diesel didn't disappoint when they had a match against each other.
1995 had a wrestler vs football star but even that match had a good storyline. Lawrence Taylor is in the crowd at the Rumble and Bam Bam pushed him because he was frustrated that he lost, they had an emotional face to face confrontation and they agreed to the match. Today you had The Rock appearing and saying "I will get a titleshot in 8 months" with no real explanation why (because of the movies). You had Triple H appearing and saying "Brock I hate you so much that I want to fight you in 3 months" with no real explanation why not earlier if he hates him so much (because of Lesnar's contract).
You had shitty matches like Undertaker vs Kama, Bret Hart vs Isaac Yankem or Diesel vs King Mabel but at least they tried it with established stars vs "not established wrestlers" matches. Today you have only 5-6 established guys like The Rock, Lesnar, Triple H, Undertaker, Cena and Punk who already had matches and they will have multiple matches in the future against each other without letting anybody else getting a chance.
There are many other examples why 2012 is probably the worst year, even worse than 1995. 1995 was just a bad year like Bossy said