Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches

xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Sorry, but unlike 1995, 2012 set out on a mission to fuck up, destroy and then do the worst possible job of reinventing some of the most simple fucking wrestling concepts that a 2 year old could figure them out. Things like "don't beat the heel twice clean on television in the weeks preceding the PPV and expect people to pay $55 to buy the PPV just to end up seeing the heel win." Yeah, 1995 didn't fuck up that badly.

1995 was just a bad year. 2012 made people seriously question why they were still wrestling fans, the WWE has made wrestling THAT uncool, uninteresting and so completely devalued and meaningless.
But doesn't that come with us being older as fans and expecting things to always cater to our liking?

I personally enjoyed 2012, mainly Wrestlemania, Extreme Rules, Punk's heel turn, Team Hell No. But I hated People Power, I'm tired of Big Show and I hate how every belt not named the WWE Title seems irrelevant.

But, that's nothing compared to the most boring title reign in history, the worst push in wrestling history and a series of the worst PPV's in wrestling history.

The big problem is, in 1995, the business was searching for that next surge, that was sparked by the competition. IMO, unless TNA gets their shit together, WWE won't improve because they have no reason to. They are geared towards children and when you're closest competition drops the ball at the goal line everytime, they aren't in danger because that younger fanbase is what is going to keep them going.

Bottom line, if we possessed the same knowledge we have no in other eras in wrestling outside of the Attitude Era, we would call that out, too. And comparing what I saw in 1995 to 2012, with the concept of what I like to see in wrestling, 1995 was far worse and it's not even close.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote