Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
AW MAN, CHECK THIS OUT GUYS!
Some potential good news for WWE and USA Network's Raw TV ratings is the viewership trend during the BCS National Title game.
Due to the blow-out nature of college football's championship game, there was a drop-off from about a 20.0 rating at 9:30 p.m. EST to about a 15.0 rating at 10:00 p.m. EST, which is when the game officially became a blow-out at halftime. At 10:00 EST, WWE went right into their TV main event of C.M. Punk vs. Ryback in a TLC match for the WWE Title.
By the time halftime was over, the BCS game only returned to about a 16.0 rating before falling to about a 14.0 rating at the end of the 10:00 p.m. hour. As Raw was set to deliver the much-anticipated confrontation between C.M. Punk and The Rock, the BCS Title game rating fell to about a 13.0 rating.
The picture bodes well for the performance of WWE's third hour, which has struggled during the three-hour Raw era. WWE is currently on a 20-show streak where viewership has declined from the second to third hour. If the third hour holds up, the overall Raw TV rating should be perform better-than-expected prior to the game starting.
- The following are Key Points in the BCS TV Ratings, based on a timeline released by sports reporter Darren Rovell (@DarrenRovell)
- 8:25 p.m. EST: 14.0 rating for final pre-game activity
- 8:30 p.m. EST: 20.0 rating game-start
- 9:00 p.m. EST: 21.0 peak rating at start of Raw's second hour
- 9:30 p.m. EST: 20.0 rating
- 10:00 p.m. EST: 15.0 rating at start of Raw's third hour
- 10:30 p.m. EST: 16.0 rating post-Halftime
- 11:00 p.m. EST: 13.0 rating start of Raw over-run
- 11:30 p.m. EST: 12.0 rating for end-game