Wrestling Forum banner

Michael Cole's laughter

5K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  Kelly Kelly fan 
#1 ·
How infuriating is his false laughter and snorts? He and Lalwer are like an over-the-top laugh-track forced over a bad sitcom. It's so blatantly fake that it takes away from any actual humour. We don't need commentators loudly snorting to let us know when we should find something funny.

#2 ·
It tears at the very fabric of my soul.

#4 ·
Yes, it was obnoxious and stupid but it didn't defer me away enough to concentrate the golden performance Rock and Punk put down last night. That's how great that promo and those guys are. Any other people not up to their caliber would have made me cared more about Cole and Lawler's bullshit.

#5 ·
Yep, fair point. Punk and Rock's great form couldn't be dragged down to death by Cole, but he did ruin the positive vibe of it for me. Imagine if Gorilla Monsoon had been howling and snorting during Hulk and Warrior's confrontation at the 1990 Royal Rumble. We don't need some snorting nerd to tell us when things are "hilarious", and I should add that Lawler is just as bad as Cole.

#6 ·
extremely annoying is an understatement, I actually loved the beginning of the show towards the Cena/Ziggler match because there was no commentating, but once their voices were brought back it sucked the life out of me all the way until the final promo, which brought the life in me back

would've loved to hear Jim Ross's voice during that promo, he would've made it extra good and sell it perfectly

#11 ·
I have to wonder how much of it is Vince telling him what to do/say. I remember listening to a former WWE writer talking about how Vince demanded people be seen and heard laughing at everything DX did in 2006 at all times, I imagine this would be quite similar.

#13 ·
The Rock is a funny guy but last night he was wide of the mark and made stupid jokes whilst CM Punk aired real problems in an intense promo. What made it worse was having to listen to Michael Cole and JKL do their fake laughter any time The Rock side stepped the argument with school yard jokes.

#21 ·
Listen to their laughter. You don't need a degree in human psychology to tell that it was forced. I'm not saying they didn't enjoy the promo, but the laughter was so fake. They also may have been annoyed at Punk's jab from the start of his promo, true. What happened to Lawler 7/8 years ago? He is seriously awful now, it's almost unbelievable to think Jerry Lawler, the one from Memphis wrestling territory, the WWF heel of 1993-2001, has become this atrocious. He so blatantly doesn't care about any wrestler or any storyline or improving the show. I think Cole still has passion, but the falseness of his delivery is staggeringly abysmal.

#18 ·
In 14 years doing commentary, Cole has not bothered to learn the names of any wrestling moves. "CONNECTS!" "CENA NOW, CENA NOWWW!!!" "OH WHAT A THROW!!". Worse than this, is his incessant plugging and recapping. Cole is, to put it simply, an awful play-by-play. A play-by-play must know the career of each wrestler intimately. His height, weight, moveset, victories and so forth. J.R. was good at selling the wrestler, when you did that, you inadvertantly sold the match.

#22 ·
Wish they'd bring back JR for these feuds or at least let JBL do Raw and Smackdown.
This, absolutely this, with cole and Lawler playing straight up faces these days without a heel on commentary its just a shill for Sheamus, Cena and co telling us how amazing they are, until we're sick to the eyeballs of hearing it, they need a heel colour guy to add some semblence of balance.

#25 · (Edited)
Everything about Michael Cole sucks. He is the worst part about the show, consistently. He doesn't know the name of any move, he fake laughs over terrible segments, he talks over promos & he's nothing but clichés & buzzwords.

He can't convey basic human emotion, he doesn't know how to sell a moment & the ultimate death knell for a commentator, he doesn't know when to shut the fuck up & let a moment speak for itself. Case-in-point, RAW last night where the show goes off the air hearing dumbshit Michael Cole spewing ignorance instead of seeing the facial expressions of Punk/Rock & letting the moment speak for itself.

#26 ·
According to Michael Cole himself it wasn't fake at all...

Twitter Michael Cole:
"I love all these folks who claim I was "faking" laughter during @TheRock promo last night!"

"If you weren't laughing out loud at both rock and @CMPunk you have missed the whole point of what they do. Entertain"

#27 ·
According to Michael Cole himself it wasn't fake at all...

Twitter Michael Cole:
"I love all these folks who claim I was "faking" laughter during @TheRock promo last night!"

"If you weren't laughing out loud at both rock and @CMPunk you have missed the whole point of what they do. Entertain"
Well then I think HE missed the point of what he's supposed to do. Sit there and shut the fuck up.

#31 ·
Which reminds me. How stupid am I at thinking his near death experience would wake him up from the zombie like malaise he's been in since JR left. I actually thought King would be more edgy when he came back. Stupid me. He's actually worse than he was before.

How is that even possible?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.