Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #5614 (permalink)
Blommen
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Blommen 251 - 500Blommen 251 - 500Blommen 251 - 500Blommen 251 - 500Blommen 251 - 500
Default Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reservoir Angel View Post
Most annoying thing about that promo? Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler s......ing like they were stoned at the announce desk whenever the Rock made a punchline because, and here's the long and short of it for me: The Rock isn't funny. And having those two fools snorting and giggling like they've been smoking their stash during the ad breaks whenever he made one of his lame jokes just came across as trying WAY too damn hard.

They might as well have just cut back to them at the desk looking right into the camera going "oh my god, isn't the Rock just, like, SO funny you guys? He's just amazing, isn't he? Oh how we've missed him."

Maybe nobody else put too much effort into hating that aspect of that promo, but it just bugged me. Whenever they did it I just wanted to reach through my screen and slap them. Maybe it's just because I don't find the Rock to be at all funny, I dunno. Just pissed me off.
nah i absolutely agree with you man. It's frustrating as hell and it totally deflates the intensity of the promo.
Don't waste your money on The Call. It ends with Big Show sitting on a bench covered in cheetos, looking at the camera with a wide ass grin and saying "It ain't easy...", falls asleep and farts. Fade to black
Blommen is online now   Reply With Quote