Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Ryback Helped By WWE Officials Backstage After TLC Match

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
GillbergReturns
Getting over in the mid-card

GillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Ryback Helped By WWE Officials Backstage After TLC Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
WWE never planned to put him over. He was a filler to take John Cena's place when he got hurt. Since then, they've just been looking for a way to write him out of the main event and have been having him lose to Punk repeatedly and get killed by The Shield repeatedly.

Unless my memory's failing me, the tally is now:

3 straight losses to CM Punk, and has been put through at least 5 tables by The Shield that I remember right now. Maybe have been another occaision I'm forgetting. Has also been beaten down to the point he's unable to fight back against The Shield on another 2 occaisions (no table spot involved). Oh yeah, and hit in the balls by the pussiest character on the roster too. All in the course of about 2 1/2 months.

So basically every other week on average, Ryback is getting destroyed.

Unlike many annoying doomsayers, I have had zero impression he was winning the Rumble. Absolutely not a favorite based on how WWE has booked him thus far. He will get eliminated by Ziggler or some other much weaker wrestler mid-match. Won't even be final 3.
While I agree with you he's not winning the Rumble his role in the upcoming Rumble could be bigger than you're anticipating.

If Rock is indeed winning at the Rumble and going on to face Cena for the WWE Championship this Punk Shield Ryback storyline could go on longer than you think. Shield interferes at the Rumble, Ryback chases them off, Rock wins. Rock, Punk, Ryback are probally going to be the 3 main players in Raw's Elimination Chamber match. I'm not convinced Punk's moving onto Taker just yet.

Brock v Taker with Triple H having a role somewhere makes perfect sense.
GillbergReturns is offline   Reply With Quote