Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #5290 (permalink)
TheF1BOB
Little Poppa Pump

TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB TheF1BOB
Default Re: Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaMark View Post
So Punk talks about held down IWC favorites and plays the devil in disguise routine as an outline for his promo and that is met with praise? Its funny because he brought up those good workers but never mentions who or what is holding tuem down or why he wont stick his neck out for them. Hypocrisy personified. The Rock made his point in record time...
It was usual nonsense but at least he sold what Rock was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
I don't think it's a matter of being held back. People today want to see guys tear down the product and say everything that's wrong with it. That's pretty much Punk's entire act.

Just not productive for Rock to come in and do that. Triple H did that to Punk and just put a knife in his face turn. It's not productive for a vet to come in and just sh** on why the youth isn't as successful and will never be as successful as he was.
I'm fine him selling the feud but the point I'm making, he would never had to do that back in the day because the credibility of his opponent would carry through. It's just sad to see Rock sngle-handedly sell the feud to the extent he has, it effects his mic work.

The Moment Wrestling Died
TheF1BOB is offline   Reply With Quote