Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #5143 (permalink)
BEST FOR BUSINESS
The Man

BEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselvesBEST FOR BUSINESS has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Punk obliterated The Rock in that promo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent k. mcmahon View Post
i can't see how people bash cena's promo skills yet praise the rock

they're both cheesy and corny
Difference is that Rock can take his awful jokes and get the crowd invested in them like no other. Stuff like 'Cookie Puss' was terrible but he manages to make them work and get the crowd chanting it. Could you see Cena getting that to work with 'CM Sucks'? That isn't a knack on Cena since not many could make that work, just saying. Plus Rock wasn't doing everything he could to kill the tension so I guess there's that too.

That's one of the big differences between Cena and someone like Seamus too (the jokes thing, I mean). Cena's presentation is done well enough that while some people won't buy into some of the stuff he says you can at least be convinced that 'he does'. His presentation and everything makes it work somewhat. Whereas Seamus, mostly several months ago when they had him doing the "comedy" promos especially... you could tell he didn't buy into that crap he was shilling. It just made for some painfully awkward promos.
BEST FOR BUSINESS is offline   Reply With Quote