Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What would it take for RAW to go back to TV-14?

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
KeepinItReal
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

KeepinItReal 251 - 500KeepinItReal 251 - 500KeepinItReal 251 - 500KeepinItReal 251 - 500KeepinItReal 251 - 500
Default Re: What would it take for RAW to go back to TV-14?

I honestly don't think the lack of TV-14 is the problem. The only stuff that TV-14 prevents are: blood and sexual references. None of those are necessary to entertainment. I'll admit that Rock made hilarious sexual references, but it wasn't necessary. In fact, when Austin and Rock were gone, the sexual references were done just for the sake of it, and arguably ruined the product: Katie Vick storyline with HHH and Kane, Edge/Lita 'screwing' in the middle of the ring. The controversy wasn't worth the cash, cuz there was no cash resulting from it. And WWE does not need the Kiss My Ass club, or Trish barking like a dog.

So that's it, just blood and sexual references. And the blood isn't necessary for a great match either.

The fact that Cena always says and does the right thing, and acts humble, is still just Cena, and no one else. (And its what makes the most popular wrestler today stand out) And its not TV-14, its WWE wanting to show parents/media a clearly definable good guy. Do Punk, Orton, Sheamus, or Ziggler need to go to TV-14 to be great at what they do?
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote