Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#13,381 ·
The Rumble match was good until he came out and ruined everything. Throwing this out there, the previous line sounds like an anti-Cena thing but it isn't. I'm not on this "turn him heel" or "it's cool to boo him" bandwagon. I'm indifferent to him. I read alot of posts bitching about the Star Wars promo but he got me with the "Woo Woo Wookie" thing. I thought that was funny. He can, but probably can't evolve because Vince has to act like he gives a shit about the kids, which leads a majority of the members of this forum to blast everything he does. You know those buttons on your remote that says "Mute", "+Channel-" and "Power"? Use them if you don't like what you see. That goes for those who hate Punk, Ziggler, Bryan, etc. /rant

Just getting some things off my chest. :eek:

#13,382 ·
Just watched Hunter/Orton Three Stages of Hell.

MY GOD.... Is that match the biggest borefest I've ever seen in my life or what ? They seem likt they're just stalling and stalling for 20 minutes straight. By the end of the match I was going to say "Well Orton worked Trips leg and such so it wasn't that bad".... Until I saw one of the DUMBEST things I've ever seen in a while... WHY WOULD TRIPS HIDE A SLEDGEHAMMER ON THE FUCKING STAGE ?!?!?!?!?!! I understand he needed some "backup" , but WHY THERE ? WHY ? IT MADE NO FUCKING SENSE.

Watching the Night of Champions 2009 triple threat right now... GOODY.... This DVD looks like it has a ton of potential to SUCCCCKKKKKK big time. Shame, since Orton's actually a pretty damn good worker. I could change my opinion on this though, you never know..... THREE STAGES OF BULLSHIT GETS * 3/4 from me. Not THAT horrible... BUT CHA KNOW .....

#13,384 ·
I know he gets shit on due to being inducted into the HOF over bigger names, but did Koko B. Ware have any matches that are worth looking for?
I don't think I've ever seen a Koko match I didn't like in some way. I would call him one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time, but people shit on him without actually watching him so that doesn't count.

#13,386 ·
Re-watching Rock vs Triple H for the WWF title on an episode of Raw in 1998, I miss when upper mid-carders used to get WWE World title shots even though they weren't booked to win the match. Like Jeff Hardy challenging The Undertaker for the Undisputed WWE title in a ladder match or Shawn Michaels who was still a mid-carder taking on Bret Hart for the WWF title at Survivor Series 1992. I can see WWE doing something like this with Kofi Kingston or Damien Sandow. It would be cool if they let Antonio Cesaro challenge for the WWE title or World Heavyweight title just to test the waters with him by rubbing elbows with a WWE World champion.

#13,387 ·
TIS A **** 1/4 RUMBLE SHE IS. WATCHED HER THE OTHER NIGHT. :)

Superstar Collection : Randy Orton

Randy Orton vs Triple H (The Bash 2009) : * ¾
Randy Orton vs John Cena vs Triple H (Night of Champions 2009) : ** ¾
Randy Orton vs Ted Dibiase (RAW 03/10) : ¾ *
Randy Orton vs Christian (Capitol Punishment 2011) : *** 1/2

Besides the last match (WHICH IS AWESOME), this DVD is a TERRIBLE representation of what Orton is capable of in the ring. The Three Stages of Hell match is just like most of the Orton-Hunter encounters ; plodding, boring, with shades of ridiculousness thrown in on the side. I still can't get over the sledgehammer hidden in the stage, what a fucking dumb idea. For a three stages of HELL match, there really isn't much intensity involved, it gets points for some good sequences however (as in.... HHH's gameplan which has been done before in ironman matches). WHY WOULD THEY PICK THIS MATCH TO SHOWCASE ORTON ? HE IS HORRIBLE IN IT :p

The Night of Champions match is a weird one ; whenever Trips and Cena are in the ring it's fucking awesome, but for some reason whenever Orton is involved the match regresses heavily. This is probably the slowest triple threat I have ever seen in my life, and doesn't come close to their Wrestlemania XXIV greatness (*** 1/2 on last watch FYI) , but this match is by no means bad. It has shades of being a really good match at times with some spots, even though the direction of the match coupled with the pace cripples it heavily. If this were Miz-Kofi-Barrett I would probably be like OMGGREATESZTMATCHEVA, but for these 3 I expect alot more. Orton is fucking HORRIBLE in this, so why this is on HIS DVD blows my fucking mind.

The Dibiase match shouldn't even exist, let alone be featured on a fucking DVD. WHY WAS THIS ON HERE ? They couldn't have picked a better match under 10 minutes to showcase Orton ? This was just a waste of my life barring about 30 seconds of solid action between the two. Would have made a whole lot more fucking sense if we had to get the MANIA XXVI triple threat on here and used this as a lead in (Like a GOOD DVD... Shawn's SC), but this as a standalone match fucking sucks and serves absolutely no purpose.

The Capitol Punishment match is AWESOME and saves this from being one of the worst DVDs ever made. A third of this DVD is spent on this match, which is a good thing as it plays to Orton's strengths ; working with a superior worker (Christian) and selling his concussion like a straight up fucking BO$$. The Orton-Christian series as a whole is one of the most consistent main event level feuds that WWE has done over the last decade or so (Pretty sure there were 6 matches over a four month period or something, ALL *** 1/2+ with a few classics in the mix. Glad we got this match on here, as a lot of people probably haven't bought the Capitol Punishment DVD due to bad hype, despite it having a handful of really good matches on it.

THIS IS A BUDGET RELEASE, so I wasn't expecting The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection... But COME ON.... Four matches, and Orton is downright horrendous in three of them ? Give me a fucking break. If you own Capitol Punishment 2011, don't buy this.... Purchase if you're a big-time Orton fan or if you collect every DVD (in which I don't need to tell you to buy it anyways). In terms of Superstar Collections so far (Seen all of them besides KOFI's) , this one has probably been the second worst one next to Ryder... But COME ON... It's ORTON... How hard is it to make a good Orton DVD ? Grading it for WHAT IT IS (not the same as grading a show or a 3-disc) , it still fails.... But the Christian match is worth a watch.

3.5/10

#13,388 ·
Re-watching Rock vs Triple H for the WWF title on an episode of Raw in 1998, I miss when upper mid-carders used to get WWE World title shots even though they weren't booked to win the match.
I also watched that today on WWE Classics. Pretty entertaining episode the night after Rock Bottom.

Heard people talking about dead crowd reactions and Undertaker vs. Ken Shamrock from Backlash '99 (also on WWE Classics right now) had for the most part a very dead crowd and when they did make noise it was 'Boring' chants and 'End This Match' lol. You can tell Taker tried to put a good wrestling match together with Shamrock telling the story of Shamrock's submission attacks as a challenge for Taker throughout the match. Ken Shamrock although he brought a lot of intensity and aggression with his persona and in his matched to came off to me kind of looking lost in the ring as far as directing the pacing of his matches/timing of moves. I noticed it even in the Canadian Stampede tag which is reasonable because he was relatively new at that time and this match was a couple years later. He needed a lot of direction. I liked a few of the submission counters and wrestling transitions they put together but the crowd just couldn't give a fuck about what they were doing. It was kind of difficult to watch, tbh.

#13,391 ·
2000 Fully Loaded - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker

★3/4

2000 Survivor Series - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker

★★★

WWE Smackdown 2002-06-20 - Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle

★★

WWE Smackdown 2002-07-04 - Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle

★★

WWE Smackdown 2003-09-04 - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker

★★★★

2006 No Way Out - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker

★★★★3/4

WWE Smackdown 2006-03-03 - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker
★★★★1/2

The series did start off poorly. The Fully Loaded match is basically a glorified 10 minute squash. The Survivor Series match is okay but still quite mediocre considering the time it got and was a bit boring in parts. Then there is the two Smackdown matches which are decent tv matches and you can see the foundations being laid for the great matches that follow. I would have gone the full five for NWO just felt with a bit more to diversity at the end would have helped it.​

#13,392 ·
I also watched that today on WWE Classics. Pretty entertaining episode the night after Rock Bottom.

Heard people talking about dead crowd reactions and Undertaker vs. Ken Shamrock from Backlash '99 (also on WWE Classics right now) had for the most part a very dead crowd and when they did make noise it was 'Boring' chants and 'End This Match' lol. You can tell Taker tried to put a good wrestling match together with Shamrock telling the story of Shamrock's submission attacks as a challenge for Taker throughout the match. Ken Shamrock although he brought a lot of intensity and aggression with his persona and in his matched to came off to me kind of looking lost in the ring as far as directing the pacing of his matches/timing of moves. I noticed it even in the Canadian Stampede tag which is reasonable because he was relatively new at that time and this match was a couple years later. He needed a lot of direction. I liked a few of the submission counters and wrestling transitions they put together but the crowd just couldn't give a fuck about what they were doing. It was kind of difficult to watch, tbh.

Is that the match were Chyna turned heel by low blowing HHH?

#13,393 ·
2008 Rumble is a lot of fun and turns OH MAH GAWD when Trips comes out at 29 and then Cena at 30. MSG loses their shit lol and it's great to watch.

Never Before, Never Again
Survivor Series 2011
John Cena & The Rock vs. Awesome Truth - **

Super cool to see Rocky back in the ring after all that time. The NYC crowd was vocal as always. Poor John Cena is all I can say really lol.

#13,394 ·
2008 Rumble is a lot of fun and turns OH MAH GAWD when Trips comes out at 29 and then Cena at 30. MSG loses their shit lol and it's great to watch.

Never Before, Never Again
Survivor Series 2011
John Cena & The Rock vs. Awesome Truth - **

Super cool to see Rocky back in the ring after all that time. The NYC crowd was vocal as always. Poor John Cena is all I can say really lol.
NYC - "YOU CANT WRESTLE!"

Cena - "I'll show them"

(does some snap-mares, a monkey flip and a dropkick)

NYC - "YOU STILL SUCK!"

#13,395 ·
The Survivor Series tag was pretty decent IMO considering who was in there. You had a returning Rock (who isn't exactly Chris Benoit to begin with) with a considerable amount of ring rust against MIZ AND FUCKING R TRUTH OUT OF ALL PEOPLE ? Cena was the best worker in that match by a mile and it really showed. Still prefer the Vengeance tag with the Punk/Trips SUPER-DUPER team...... Even if it gets constantly shit all over :p

Actually, it sounds really weird to say that Punk and Trips were a tag team at one point. What the fuck.

#13,396 ·
2000 Fully Loaded - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker

★3/4

2000 Survivor Series - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker

★★★

WWE Smackdown 2002-06-20 - Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle

★★

WWE Smackdown 2002-07-04 - Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle

★★

WWE Smackdown 2003-09-04 - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker

★★★★

2006 No Way Out - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker

★★★★3/4

WWE Smackdown 2006-03-03 - Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker
★★★★1/2

The series did start off poorly. The Fully Loaded match is basically a glorified 10 minute squash. The Survivor Series match is okay but still quite mediocre considering the time it got and was a bit boring in parts. Then there is the two Smackdown matches which are decent tv matches and you can see the foundations being laid for the great matches that follow. I would have gone the full five for NWO just felt with a bit more to diversity at the end would have helped it.​
Saw that 7/4/02 one a couple days ago for the first time an spit out my water at the finish. Had never seen Taker tap before.

NYC - "YOU CANT WRESTLE!"

Cena - "I'll show them"

(does some snap-mares, a monkey flip and a dropkick)

NYC - "YOU STILL SUCK!"

:lmao

#13,397 ·
Saw that 7/4/02 one a couple days ago for the first time an spit out my water at the finish. Had never seen Taker tap before.

:lmao

....And on that day, CAL cried a thousand rivers. :lol

#13,399 ·
2006. They squashed everybody while CM PUNK got the loudest reactions of anybody in the ring despite being in there with both the HARDYZ and DEGENERATION X.

:punk2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.