Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - How Would You Debut These Following Superstars?

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Smif-N-Wessun
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500
Default Re: How Would You Debut These Following Superstars?

Corey Graves: Haven't seen his recent work, but apparently he's got a Tyler Durden gimmick? That sounds like TV gold to me, so I say run with that. Maybe run a series of vignettes about how he's here to make a name for himself, cuz that's the only thing you have left after you die (or something). Actually debuting him would be tough, though. He could start by destroying Ted DiBiase in a feud (would make sense), and then he could move up from there.

Bray Watt: Air some similar vignettes to the ones he had in NXT hyping up him and his "family", then have him start by beating a few midcarders. Maybe come the Royal Rumble, have him put up a strong showing (with the help of the Family, of course), then maybe he can eliminate himself or something. I dunno, he's an amazing character, but I'm not sure how he'd work out in the main event.

Chris Hero: Have him interrupt midcard matches every week and knock out everybody in the ring, including the referee. Easy. Then maybe one day he can attack a prominent midcarder like Kofi or Miz, leading to a feud.

Richie Steamboat: I say go with the obvious here. Just air some vignettes about him, maybe talk about his father a bit (but keep that to a minimum, this is about him, not Ricky), and debut him as a midcard face. He could play the midcard staple role along with Kofi Kingston, always helps to have those. Hell, who knows, maybe he can rise higher than that.

Paige: I'd go with a few weeks of vignettes explaining what she's about as an Anti-Diva, and what she wants to accomplish, and then have her start by destroying someone like Alicia Fox, but realistically speaking, I highly doubt anybody backstage would be willing to put that much effort into a Diva's debut.

^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline   Reply With Quote