Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL: DRAFT! and GMing 101 all day.

176K views 4K replies 150 participants last post by  JM 
#1 ·
Hawks vs Avs in Western Conference finals, plz.

I'ma try to watch more hockey this year than I did last season (and pretty much every season since Roy retired/ESPN stopped carrying hockey).

Do work, hockey fans.

#3,078 ·
Re: NHL PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS

The Hockey News already has its playoff preview out:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/51514-NHL-Stanley-Cup-Playoff-Preview-Round-1.html

Very in-depth analysis for each series. For those who don't have the time or energy to read, here are their predictions:

Penguins in 5

Senators in 7 :taylor2

Rangers in 7

Bruins in 6

Blackhawks in 5

Red Wings in 7 :smokey

Sharks in 7

Kings in 7
I mentioned both the possibility of Ottawa and Detroit upsets but didn't pick either. I must be getting soft or something.

#3,081 ·

Only reason I said Habs would have it against the Leafs is because, after the 6-0 blowout, whenever they played, I can't remember the Leafs dominating and outplaying the Habs for a sustained amount of time. They had a high shooting %, especially in their last 5-1 win (what? 3 goals on 4 shots?). IF the series did happen and the Habs just played their game that they did on Saturday, I think they'd have it. Buttttt, that's not happening... playoff predictions:

Pittsburgh def. NY Islanders in 4
Montreal def. Ottawa in 6
Washington def. NY Rangers in 7
Boston def. Toronto in 5

Chicago def. Minnesota in 6
Detroit def. Anaheim in 7
Vancouver def. San Jose in 6
Los Angeles def. St. Louis in 5

#3,082 ·

PLAYOFFS~!

(1) Penguins vs. (8) Islanders
Penguins in 5

(2) Canadiens vs. (7) Senators
Canadiens in 7

(3) Capitals vs. (6) Rangers
Rangers in 7

(4) Bruins vs. (5) Maple Leafs
Bruins in 6

(1) Blackhawks vs. (8) Wild
Blackhawks in 5

(2) Ducks vs. (7) Red Wings
Ducks in 5

(3) Canucks vs. (6) Sharks
Canucks in 7

(4) Blues vs. (5) Kings
Kings in 6

DA GOAT Martin St. Louis

#3,083 ·

(1) Penguins def. (8) Islanders in 6
(2) Canadians def. (7) Senators in 5
(6) Rangers def. (3) Capitals in 7
(4) Bruins def. (5) Maple Leafs in 4

(1) Blackhawks def. (8) Wild in 5
(7) Red Wings def. (2) Ducks in 6
(6) Sharks def. (3) Canucks in 5
(5) Kings def. (4) Blues in 7

Gotta root for the home team, Detroit Red Wings! If not I'll go with the Blackhawks since I love Kaner so much. Would love to see the Penguins do pretty well too as they are my adopted home team. Can't wait 'til tomorrow night! (Y)

#3,181 ·

(1) Penguins def. (8) Islanders in 6
(2) Canadians def. (7) Senators in 5
(6) Rangers def. (3) Capitals in 7
(4) Bruins def. (5) Maple Leafs in 4

(1) Blackhawks def. (8) Wild in 5
(7) Red Wings def. (2) Ducks in 6
(6) Sharks def. (3) Canucks in 5
(5) Kings def. (4) Blues in 7

Gotta root for the home team, Detroit Red Wings! If not I'll go with the Blackhawks since I love Kaner so much. Would love to see the Penguins do pretty well too as they are my adopted home team. Can't wait 'til tomorrow night! (Y)
Chicago in 5
Anaheim in 7
Vancouver in 6
Los Angeles in 6

Pittsburgh in 5
Ottawa in 6
Washington in 7
Boston in 4
Hello. What's up guys?

#3,090 ·

What does everyone think the chances are of a Chicago Blackhawks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins series in the finals?
I don't see it happening. Something is bound to happen and one of those teams, if not both, will be eliminated. I can see Detroit making a lot of noise.

#3,086 ·

10%.

I don't see the top seeds making it as that's rare in hockey, upsets happen about damn well every year and we've already seen what can happen to the Pens when Fleury starts shitting the bed.
Fair point. It's been a dream match up for me though for a few years now. :p

#3,088 ·

Everyone counting out the Leafs. Love it. You will all be wrong.
:rodgers Someone missed my post

I really want the Leafs to give the Bruins the D

#3,099 ·
#3,101 ·

I'm 16 and can't grow a beard.

Anyways today me and my teacher Coach Cole were talking about the playoffs since we're like the only two that like hockey in basically our entire city and this girl in front of us goes "Why do you guys even like hockey" and he goes "Just turn around and eat your cereal Morgan, why do you like being in beauty pageants?" and then her best friend goes "Because she's ugly" and we all died laughing. I have a new respect for him.

#3,102 ·

I'm 16 and can't grow a beard.

Anyways today me and my teacher Coach Cole were talking about the playoffs since we're like the only two that like hockey in basically our entire city and this girl in front of us goes "Why do you guys even like hockey" and he goes "Just turn around and eat your cereal Morgan, why do you like being in beauty pageants?" and then her best friend goes "Because she's ugly" and we all died laughing. I have a new respect for him.
LOL wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.