Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL: DRAFT! and GMing 101 all day.

176K views 4K replies 150 participants last post by  JM 
#1 ·
Hawks vs Avs in Western Conference finals, plz.

I'ma try to watch more hockey this year than I did last season (and pretty much every season since Roy retired/ESPN stopped carrying hockey).

Do work, hockey fans.

#3,142 ·
Re: NHL PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS

All chalk except the Canucks so far. It's only one game, though. I think the Isles and Leafs will regroup and be stronger in Game 2. Every other game was close, so I think we'll see at least a few series' that go 6 or 7.

#3,146 ·

That Eller injury was ugly. Reminded me of Kevin Stevens in 1993 against the Islanders. Diaz really gave him a suicide pass there. The hit didn't look too bad but Gryba just caught him in a vulnerable spot. Probably a suspension to follow.

#3,160 · (Edited)

Gryba's hit on Eller was a clean hit with a bad result, though he's still going to get suspended. I hope Eller is okay.
It was a completely clean hit, i don`t see how they could, but then again knowing habs fans im sure a bunch of ppl have already called the cops . I hope Shannahan doesn`t cave in from the pressure and make a bad decision.

#3,161 ·

I made this post on HFBoards, but I'll just copy and paste to give this thread a free bump.

Keys to game 2 for the Canucks:

- Keep things simple.
- Don't get cute with the puck. It's not preseason.
- Short passes, get the puck off the stick and on the opposing net. No need to try stretch passes because no one on this team has the ability to do so.
- Make Niemi work for the puck. Being too passive will let him read the play much easier.
- Throw everything on net and get traffic up front and bury some dirty rebounds.
- Try and shoot glove side on Niemi. He is almost unbeatable on the bottom half of the net. Because of his awkward style, it leaves the top half wide open at times.
- Play Canucks hockey, not Bruins hockey. This is a skilled team that CAN burn other teams on the scoreboard. Let the Sharks go for the big hits and put them out of position. They'll take bad penalties and then you make them pay on the powerplay.
- Our big guys like Kassian, Hansen, fourth line, etc need to crash the net. Don't take perimeter shots. Take the puck to the net and go from there. Leave the cycling to the guys that are good at it.

My line combos:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Roy - Kassian
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

- Sedins and Burrows are ice cold right now. Hansen has been playing well recently and can maybe get the Sedins going again.
- Reunite Kesler and Burrows and throw Higgins with them to form a checking line. They have chemistry together so I think they will be able to generate offense as well.
- Roy is a fixture on the third line. We can't load up the top 2 lines due to the Sharks depth at center, so we have to fight fire with fire. Raymond is struggling right now, but perhaps playing with a guy like Kassian will open up some space for him.
- Fourth line remains intact. Weise had a good game. Just needs to keep up the hitting, get pucks in deep, and don't get scored on.

If the Canucks do these things they will win tomorrow.

#3,162 ·

50 fucking shots on goal and the Habs got Halaked. Doesn't feel good. Hopefully the cover of the Ottawa Sun lights a fire under their ass with the picture of Lars Eller and the heading saying "First Blood Sens". If that doesn't light a fire under them to go after everything, including Anderson tonight, I just don't know. 50 fucking shots.

A lot of Sens fans before the series were saying how Subban ain't anywhere near Karlsson's level, and I'm not saying he is, but goddamn, last night Subban absolutely controlled that game for the most part. If they still think it's not at least close...

#3,165 ·

Sidney Crosby back in the lineup for the Penguins tonight. Most likely no James Neal, though. The hockey gods have smote the Penguins with poor health since they made the Iginla trade. Never a completely full lineup.

#3,167 ·

Unfortunately, didn't get to watch much of the Pens-Isles. Maybe fortunately because it sounds like my nightmare. Paul Martin scored the first New York goal. The last three could be described as shaky on Marc-Andre Fleury. Sounds like the Isles came to play, as I suspected they would. Pens lose Game 3 and s#!t gets real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.