Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 MOTYC Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #98 (permalink)
MF83
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

MF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friends
Default re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Why I NO voted the main on puroresu.tv...

Quote:
Unlike the first and my favourite of their matches (my second favourite IWGP match last year under vs. MiSu II), which was laid out brilliantly to build and put over Okada like the superstar he would become, all while protecting his weaknesses and shocking the world in the finest of ways, this was about as far from original as it comes. They forced "epic" and spent way too much time taking things slow when the match didn't call for it. They went through their spots so predictably and in lesser ways than their other matches. At least the Dominion match was paced well, and this match seemed to be a slowed down, poorly mutated replica of it. They gave me no reason beyond the hype to care, and the KUSHIDA led seconds had to rile the crowd up because they didn't care either. Okada's worst performance in a big match but Tanahashi actually looked great to me, and for the first time I really got the vibe of "older, wise veteran" from him.
Spoiler for spoiler:

I don't dismiss matches on booking either, so I don't care that Okada lost in the case of calling this a MOTYC.

In short, it was a lesser version of their second match, slowed down and with minimal originality to qualify it as great, and without an even "pretty good" Okada performance.

MF83 is online now   Reply With Quote