Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)
View Single Post
post #5173 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 PM
bigbuxxx
Moron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Spoiler for WK7:
Quote:
11. IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Hiroshi Tanahashi © vs. Kazuchika Okada

Yes, we all expected and wanted to see Okada as the new Champion. Now can we stop judging the match because of it, please? Because this was absolutely fantastic. You know youíre watching something great when it lasts over 33 minutes, and youíre disappointed it ended and want more. Well, thatís how I felt. Thank God I watched this unspoiled, because all those counters on Rainmaker wouldnít be so exciting and dramatic. One-upmanship, mind games, great wrestling in general, selling, counters, big fight feel, drama, struggle, suspenseÖ This match was total package, I swear. And it happened in the Tokyo Dome. Tanahashi retaining was a shock, though. I wonder why they didnít crown Okada here. But nevermind, this match was almost perfect in my book, therefore Iím going full boat here.

I could see giving this 5*. I haven't made up my mind on stars because I just watched the first time and enjoyed the fuck out of it. I also thought their second match was a GOAT match but after watching a second time I didn't really enjoy it all that much. Gonna watch this a second time today or tomorrow and again in a month or two and see if it still has IT. My initial impression is that it will hold because while Tana worked the leg it wasn't a long control segment on the leg and this had DRAMA. I marked like a little kid when they leaned on each other to pick and hold themselves up. To me that was a GOAT moment and really goes to your point from the other thread that they're equals. Had Okada won I'd throw this at 5* because it would be epic and memorable.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome