Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 MOTYC Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #91 (permalink)
geraldinhio
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

geraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new heregeraldinhio better hope they're relatively new here
Default re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

New Japan Noob here. Gonna try keep up as much in 2013, just barely kept up with the pimped matches from 2013.

Just watched Nakamura/Sakuraba and the Ki/Devitt/Ibushi match so far and was very impressed.

Low Ki vs Prince Devitt (c)vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 7: Evolution

You know exactly what to expect from this. Jaw dropping, fast paced action from three great wrestlers. Ki looked like a boss , don't care what anyone says. Ibushi is amazing to watch as always and never disappoints and Devitt is Devitt. Just an awesome wrestler who is insanely over. Great little match , lots of fun with some breathtaking sequences. The right person went over the right wrestler.

***3/4-****

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba- NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 7: Evolution

So here's where it gets interesting for a New Japan Noob. I'm relatively familiar with Nakamura but sadly think this is one of ,if not the first Sakuraba match I've seen. For every wrestler trying to work a good shoot style and authentic pseudo-MMA match look no further.

Gripping mat work at the start that didn't drag and kept my interest throughout. Starting dropping bombs and strikes at the right time and some of the strikes were just gruesome. Them kneesFinishing stretch was really good back and forward action and Nakamura's comeback was good( could of been delayed longer IMO,not a major complaint. Sakuraba is a ruthless S.O.B. I can see how people relate it to Brock/Cena. Its hard to believe how much went down in just ELEVEN MINUTES. Really good match.

****1/4+. Maybe ****1/2 I'll re-watch soon I'd say.

Next up Nagata/Suzuki and Tanahashi/Okada.