Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Name a couple of games that you love but just won't play anymore

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cocoa_Napalm
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Cocoa_Napalm 50 - 100
Default Re: Name a couple of games that you love but just won't play anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Wild Arms for me. Loved that game on PS1, but now, the battles are just awful. They feel incredibly dated.

I agree with your picks for FF titles. Those 3 were my favorites too. Like exactly those 3. I'd probably rank them in order of: 7 > 10 > 8. But still all 3 > every other one. I didn't like 13 though. Got bored about 5% into it. Gave up for months, pushed through to about 20%, gave up again since got bored. Snowe was the only thing really keeping me interested at all. One of the better FF characters imo.

I also agree about MGS1 being a great game, but really hard to go back to now. It's just a lot worse. . .though they did remake it on the MGS2 engine.

Speaking of which, if you need an excuse to go back and play MGS2. . .get MGS2 Substance. It had a FUCKTON of VR missions. They're fun too, and some are really elaborate and challenging. There's also challenge missions called, "Snake Tales", where there's fake stories where Snake has to go through the Oil Containment Facility and eventually take out a boss like FatMan, on Very Hard mode. It's challenging but fun.
Wild Arms was my best friend's favorite game when we were in high school, I got into it a little bit but mostly just watched him play, it had a great story and some really fun bits, Ragu Ragulah, Boomerang Flash, Mother's laugh.......good times.

I'll have to try those VR Missions, I recently bought the HD collection on PS3, and am presently playing Snake-Eater, after I finish it I will give the VR missions a go. I agree with you about 13, the funny thing is I borrowed it from my friend in 2011, played 3 hrs of it and got bored, it wasn't until nearly the end of 2012 where I finally just decided I wanna see what happens.........you ain't missin' much, for the largest part of the game it's completely linear, the story isn't all that special, then you see the final boss and start laughing hysterically.....the entire bit with the final boss has what is in my opinion the worst dialogue I've ever seen in a video game.

"There is only ONE DIAMOND in this business, and baby you're lookin' at'im!" - Triple H

Last edited by Cocoa_Napalm : 01-05-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Cocoa_Napalm is offline   Reply With Quote