Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #4782 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

IMO it was the best season yet, though I could understand Season 4 being better to some. The show was always brilliant from a visual sense, as well as being brilliantly acted, written and all the characters being interesting and provoking. Season 5 though really pushes the series into darker areas and really delves closer into the psyches of a lot of the characters as the world begins to slowly change. Pete's story arc is heartbreaking and gripping, Don's family life and struggle to come to terms with the changing nature of society makes for a great story arc, Penny and Joan both grow and have different takes on the place of a woman in the man's world and its really interesting how both characters have to face largely similar issues but take extraordinarily different paths along the way.

Near enough every character has a story/direction throughout the series and the build into the closing episodes is magnificent with a lot of subtle storytelling devices being implanted in numerous episodes that set up a possible gripping climax. I won't say much more for fear of spoiling anything you wish to find out for yourself. Its essentially got everything you love about Mad Men, but I found they tackled and presented a lot of symbols and ideals terrificly and developed numerous characters over the course of the season to greater heights.