Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 MOTYC Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #57 (permalink)
mk92071
Learning to break kayfabe

mk92071 mk92071 mk92071 mk92071
Default re: The 2013 MOTYC Thread

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kazushi Sakuraba

Spoiler for possible spoilers:
First off I'd like to point out I've only seen a couple Nakamura matches (and none recently) and I've never seen Kazushi wrestle going into this. I'm not usually a shoot style fan. Fucking hated Cena/Lesnar too, btw.

Few mental notes I made (may contain spoilers). Sakuraba's rage after getting slapped was awesome. Same with DAT knee to Nakamura. DAT knee to the back of the head. Amazing counters and sequences. Only qualm was the finish. I didn't like how Sakuraba almost kicked out. Should've been more decisive. ****1/4

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada

Spoiler for possible spoilers:
Going into this I expected a lot since I really liked there first two matches. This was a great match but I had a few qualms with this. I didn't like Tanahashi doing the tombstone, since Okada was at least doing it to work the neck. Tanahashi should've gone for a cover after or gone straight to the splash. Wasn't a huge fan of Tanahashi's leg work either since it didn't produce any believable near falls. The worst of their trilogy. ****
mk92071 is offline   Reply With Quote