Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #9155 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Evil Peter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardysno1fan View Post
Didn't Vince sack the head writer like 3-4 months ago stating he wanted results or resignations? I'm sure the ratings are a concern. Its true profit is the bottom line but reduced popularity is never a good thing. Lets say Final Fantasy produces yet another crap game and it gets torn to pieces by critics. It still makes a ton of money but the producers have to worry about the next in the series. How many ppl do you know who aren't embarassed to admit they like WWE? How many ppl do you know who know it has changed from WWF? The decline of popularity is a long term concern.
Yes, that's the only real change I've seen them do. They did that, but obviously never took the strap off Punk when they were looking for reasons for the decline, which again says something about how WWE views Punk (which is different than what his haters so desperately try to make it look like). Lower ratings are of course never something positive, even though it doesn't affect the company's earnings much at the moment. It will be more relevant the next time they are renegotiating their TV deal, but of course they are also earning more money with three hours despite that everyone knows that it lowers the overall ratings.

As for people I know that are embarrassed to say they like WWE, there's no one. That has little to do with WWE itself though and more that the people I know aren't afraid of what other people might think. Then again it's always been uncool to watch wrestling in Sweden, regardless if it's the current era, the Attitude era or something else, so no matter how it is now it won't be much of a comment on WWE's current state.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome