Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #9154 (permalink)
hardysno1fan
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

hardysno1fan 101 - 250hardysno1fan 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Peter View Post
I don't know if it means that though. Raw being three hours is something that lowers the ratings but it also increases the profit for WWE. Punk gets criticism for not increasing the ratings as a champ but WWE has obviously seen enough value in him to have him champ for over 400 days. That only makes sense if you think that WWE gives out long title reigns just because they are nice. The ratings have constantly been going down for several years and they still aren't making any changes to their biggest star, Cena, either. On the contrary there were reports from Meltzer that Cena and Punk were the only two guys WWE had full confidence in, despite that they aren't changing the downward trend.

So I don't see anything drastic WWE is doing due to the ratings. Bringing in guys like The Rock would have been done anyway. It just looks like WWE is doing their thing without any significant changes, which makes it look like the fans are more panicked about ratings than they are.
Didn't Vince sack the head writer like 3-4 months ago stating he wanted results or resignations? I'm sure the ratings are a concern. Its true profit is the bottom line but reduced popularity is never a good thing. Lets say Final Fantasy produces yet another crap game and it gets torn to pieces by critics. It still makes a ton of money but the producers have to worry about the next in the series. How many ppl do you know who aren't embarassed to admit they like WWE? How many ppl do you know who know it has changed from WWF? The decline of popularity is a long term concern.