Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#5,050 ·
Re: #RUDY

Rudy isn't outstanding at all. If he was as outstanding as you made it seem, Memphis wouldn't have traded him because he wasn't worth his contract.

He's a fringe top 10 SF who gets overrated due to him having highlights on ESPN and NBATV.

#5,051 ·

he's an outstanding offensive scorer with a clutch gene. lol @ judging him off one mediocre season he's had in over six years.

dodge the rest of what I mentioned, guys. find it comical that notorious is saying this when it's his celtics that he should be worrying about.

#5,052 ·

The Celtics are still better than the Raptors and this conversation has nothing to do with them so I don't see why you're bringing them up.

As far as the other things you said. Yes Ross & Jonas have a lot of potential, but just because they're guys with high potential doesn't mean they'll fulfill it nor does it equal team success. And I'm not high on DeRozan at all. He's an average starting SG.

LOL @ trying to downplay the fact that's been incredibly inefficient this year. And that's as the second or third option on the team. I don't see how his efficiency will shoot up as the undisputed 1st option.

#5,056 ·

The Celtics are still better than the Raptors and this conversation has nothing to do with them so I don't see why you're bringing them up.
I mentioned them because you guys are on the decline, so if anything, the celtics are going to be a perennial bottom feeding team. the raps on the other hand can only get better going forward. your prediction makes no sense whatsoever.

LOL @ trying to downplay the fact that's been incredibly inefficient this year. And that's as the second or third option on the team. I don't see how his efficiency will shoot up as the undisputed 1st option.
I wasn't downplaying it. learn to read. I addressed the fact that he was playing mediocre basketball before the trade, but it's not enough to judge him like you are now, considering how well he's played before, and considering he hasn't even reached his peak yet. you call him a second/third option. was he really? how is one considered anything but a team's first option when you're scoring the most/averaging more shots than anybody on the team? not to mention the ball is in his hands when the game is on the line.

#5,053 ·

no he`s not an outstanding scorer. He`s good at driving into the paint to get easy points and also good on the break, but lacks a jump shot that he still loves to chuck up and also lacks any outside shooting much like DeRozan. He`s actually just the mirror copy of DeRozan except 3 inches taller and playing SF.

#5,054 ·

I think we should reserve judgement on Gay. Playing with two big men that clog the paint (ZBO and Gasol) hinders any high volume shooters scoring ability. I don't think it was a great trade for the Raps, but I don't think it's as terrible as some are making it out to be.

#5,057 ·

Gay and Lowry are friends, so they may develop on court chemistry really quickly. I'll reserve judgement until after all the players are playing, but I still feel Memphis made a mistake by breaking up a solid unit halfway in the season for money issues in the offseason.

#5,058 ·

But the Celtics have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You bringing them up is stupid. The Celtics won't be bad for long. They're a great drafting team, they have an elite PG, they have some good prospects and they're able to attract free agents.

I considered Z-Bo to be the Grizzlies first option. Gay averaged 17 PPG; Z-Bo averages 16. Gay averages 16 shots a game, Z-Bo averages 14. They both shoot pretty much the same amount of FT's in a game. It's arguable what option Gay was in Memphis. I'm not saying Gay is a terrible player but you have bad timing to say Gay is an outstanding offensive weapon when he's having a putrid shooting season. And I'm not of the belief that it will just shoot up once he goes to Toronto.

#5,061 · (Edited)

your prediction remains ridiculous based off the simple fact that they've gone to the wire with the best teams in the league this season despite being plagued with injuries. they have a versatile point guard in lowry (backed up by a solid player in john lucas), an improving demar derozan, two studs in val and ross, and a number of young, gritty players that know their roles and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. not to mention the fact that they just added a terrific scorer that makes big plays in crunch time.

record doesn't tell the whole story, bro. they'd probably be in playoff contention right now had the league reversed the outcomes of all the games they were rigged in this season.

@joel get off my dick? second time you quote me for implying that I go off topic when you haven't understood why I made those comments in the first place.

#5,066 ·

@joel get off my dick? second time you quote me for implying that I go off topic when you haven't understood why I made those comments in the first place.
Only when you learn to argue properly. Everytime you argue with Notorious, you play the same Celtic sucks card when you can't back up your point. It makes for terrible reading. If I could skip your posts I would, but then I wouldn't be doing what I'm supposed to do.

So please try to argue your points properly (like your last few posts) rather than turning it into a kindergarten argument. Thanks :)

#5,063 ·

So you're blaming referees now? Comical.

Cry me a river. The Wizards also have players with a lot of potential, have also went wire to wire with some of the best teams in the league and have also dealt with injuries to key players. I'm sure if you started the season over and gave them a healthy team they'd be in playoff contention too. The Raptors aren't special. The Raptors right now have the makings of a treadmill team. Unless Jonas or Ross turn out to be a superstar, which I doubt.

Joel is right. You bringing up the Celtics in this discussion made no sense when they had nothing to do with the topic at hand. I say the Raptors will be a treadmill team and you bring up the Celtics rebuilding like they have anything to do with each other.

#5,064 ·

why shouldn't I blame them? they're the only team in the history of the league that received two letters from stern apologizing on behalf of the referees. it's well known that the raptors get no respect. if you actually watched them play you'd know they're always on the wrong side of a call (or no call) that goes on to decide games.

#5,071 ·

:lmao

Champ if you're gonna use quotes to show proof of Joel not being able to logically debate or argue, maybe you should use quotes where he's actually debating or arguing and not posts of him commentating on what's going on in a game or talking about what Kobe's tweeting on Twitter. lel.

#5,073 ·

I really couldn't care less who is the better quality poster or what not but using quotes of him talking about what's going on in a game or joking about a Bulls player as proof of him not being able to debate a topic logically really doesn't make sense.

#5,076 ·

It seems a few of you read the response to the trade that was posted on SBNation. You know a GREAT sources for NBA Analysis :lol:

I'm going to continue to believe it's a great trade until I see otherwise.

It's pretty silly to talk about whatever Toronto can do with CAP space when Toronto is the perennial plague of the NBA that no one will sign with.

It's pretty hard to sign your way to a top team when no one will sign there. They do what they can. That being said I do believe that are a strong affordable post presence away from being something interesting. And by interesting I mean capable of losing to Miami in the second round.

#5,085 · (Edited)

It seems a few of you read the response to the trade that was posted on SBNation. You know a GREAT sources for NBA Analysis :lol:

I'm going to continue to believe it's a great trade until I see otherwise.

It's pretty silly to talk about whatever Toronto can do with CAP space when Toronto is the perennial plague of the NBA that no one will sign with.

It's pretty hard to sign your way to a top team when no one will sign there. They do what they can. That being said I do believe that are a strong affordable post presence away from being something interesting. And by interesting I mean capable of losing to Miami in the second round.
ive never gone to sbnation in my life nor have I heard of it; you must go to some pretty trash sites.

TO BE DETERMINED, RIGHT? regardless it's going to be a terrible cap move as they have a lot of money locked up on three average players and yes GAY is pretty average player all around.

#5,077 ·

Hopefully with the Wizards, Bobcats, and Cavaliers getting a lottery pick they'll become much better and then hopefully the Raptors can become the worst or second worst team in the East so that they can potentially get Wiggins in 2014. Thank goodness we don't have any draft picks this season.

#5,079 ·

The thing about the Raptors is that they have no direction right now. We have no stars and aren't in line for any lottery picks. Teams like the Wizards, Bobcats, and Cavaliers have their stars already and are still in line for lottery picks to improve their teams. The Raptors are en route to being stuck in the level of mediocrity. I'm just praying that the Raptors can still tank next season, it's our only chance of becoming a contending team in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.