Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

330K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#8,386 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - BRAVE BRADFORD/KICKING KIDS

Why did we sack RDM? :( Just end this season already and get rid of this piece of shit manager.
So Benitez has now lost to QPR, West Ham, Swansea, Newcastle, Corinthans and drawn with Reading, Brentford, Swansea again, Southampton. By comparison the sackings of AVB/Scolari were unfair, let alone Roberto's sacking.

#8,391 ·

Is Bertrand a footballer?

He's been non-existent in literally every game he's played in. Doesn't offer anything. Just strolling on the pitch. I can't get why Benitez keeps starting him when you have attacking players Marin on the bench. He's a defender ffs.

Torres is a disgrace. Lacks passion, pace and has been sloppy all the time. :terry1

#8,394 ·

Is Bertrand a footballer?

He's been non-existent in literally every game he's played in. Doesn't offer anything. Just strolling on the pitch. I can't get why Benitez keeps starting him when you have attacking players Marin on the bench. He's a defender ffs.

Torres is a disgrace. Lacks passion, pace and has been quite sloppy all the time. :terry1
To be fair he's a left back who is being played as part of the attacking 3. Them rafa tactics. If you're not gonna play Marin, might as well have given Piazon some game time instead of loaning him out.

#8,392 ·

Enthralling game. At this rate, Newcastle against any big side is just a thrill to watch. Chelsea had their chances to kill the game, but extremely unlucky to end up with Torres on the pitch. Would of killed it off by the 70th minute if Ba was on.

#8,393 ·

Stoke's negative tactics today was almost embarrassing to watch. Did they even want to at least try and win the game? Also Michael Owen's punch was the pussiest punch I've ever seen, if you're gonna do it, do it properly at least. Oh well, 1-0 to the football team. Fucking hate Stoke Rugby Club and their whingeing twat of a manager.

#8,395 ·

dont understand what benitez could've done

bertrand is crap, but hazard is suspended. ba got kicked in the face. 1st and 3rd goals were all class from newcastle, 2nd was plain john terry stupidity, plus cech pushing the ball straight back in front of him.

so what exactly was benitez meant to do. bertrand didn't cost you the game. some classy newcastle moves and defensive stupidity did. stop blaming every shortcoming on benitez.

#8,401 · (Edited)

stop blaming every shortcoming on benitez.
You can say that after every match since Benitez took over. The trend says that he is performing terribly. This is the same group of players RDM had and he's turned them into a team that has lost to QPR, West Ham, Swansea, Newcastle, Corinthans and drawn with Reading, Brentford, Swansea again and Southampton. Compare that to RDM, who lost to Man United, Shakhtar, Juventus, West Brom and drew with QPR and Juventus at home.

Good managers don't have so many losses and draws to those teams with this squad. There is no way we would be worse off in the league if RDM was still manager. Even if we didn't win anything this year under him we would still be better off going into next season if we kept him on until the end of the season and reassessed from there.

#8,399 ·

Seriously, Chris Sutton was more useful than Torres. Atleast he used to create chances! What the hell has Torres done since he came to Chelsea? And don't talk about how he scored against Barca they where already winning! That's the only thing Chelsea fans say when they defending him.

#8,400 ·

Feel like a missed opportunity for Everton today. Great comeback, but without disrespecting Aston Villa needlessly, I think we played a stronger team and given current form/league position we should have won be a clear few goals. I hope Aston Villa stay up.

If we would have won today it would have set us up well for the game against United next week. The ideal situation for us this weekend would have been Everton win, Chelsea lose today to take us into 4th with 2 points behind third, and then Spurs and Liverpool to not win tomorrow and Monday. The first thing we needed though was a win. Big weekend for Everton this, and a chance missed I feel. Putting pressure on the teams above you is the best you can hope for on days like this, especially if you win convincingly.

In need of one of our many, many right backs to get to full fitness now.

Couple of surprising results today, hopefully drifting into tomorrow.

#8,402 ·

ESPN with their usual burial of De Gea. Okay, the guy has made mistakes in recent games but the guy is only 21 years old. He has A LOT of time to improve. Hell, he was the reason we maintained 3 points in a lot of games in the second half of last season. Poor De Gea, even when he's been brilliant in games it gets looked over.

Anyway, I hope we can get the all-important 3 points today to take the gap to 10 points.

#8,404 ·

ESPN with their usual burial of De Gea. Okay, the guy has made mistakes in recent games but the guy is only 21 years old. He has A LOT of time to improve. Hell, he was the reason we maintained 3 points in a lot of games in the second half of last season. Poor De Gea, even when he's been brilliant in games it gets looked over.

Anyway, I hope we can get the all-important 3 points today to take the gap to 10 points.
I find the press and pundits pick on De Gea because he's United's goalkeeper. If he makes a mistake, you're sure to see it over and over and picked at and picked at, whereas if other keepers make the same mistakes, it's highlighted and that's it.

He can show them his winners medal at the end of the year with a highlight package of all the good he does I suppose! Definitely unfairly treated and scrutinized.

#8,403 ·

I think todays loss for Chelsea can be blamed on Benitez. He saw the pace that Gouffran and Sissoko suddenly brought into the game, followed by Marveaux, and a rested Santon, whom wasn't closing down players very well. They punished a Chelsea side that after an hour, had no pace or energy. Benitez's fault how? Didn't bring any substitutes into play.

#8,405 ·

Yep, I agree with that. I mean I can understand the blame De Gea gets for the mistakes he makes but he's still young and has a lot to learn. The way these ESPN tools go on about how De Gea is going back to Spain and how we're going to get a new goalkeeper to replace him next year is just pathetic really.

De Gea does show a lot of class though, never answers back. Just gets on with it, keeps his mouth shut and tries to improve.

#8,409 ·

Eveton cost me £289
:siddle
Before the game, I felt like Everton winning was the only sure thing this weekend. Bet that result cost a lot of accies today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.