Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - I hate WWE right now.

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
Arcade
Buried SCOTT STEINER

Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000Arcade 2501 - 3000
Default Re: I hate WWE right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Your thoughts.
My thoughts? My thoughts are that why do you have to create a "I Hate WWE" topic when there's already 10,000 of them.

Just kidding. On a serious note, I'm not extremely satisfied with today's product, but product is good enough to where I can enjoy the show. It's not as terrible as you, Walk-In or others make it to be. WWE in 2012 had its ups and downs, but overall it was a decent year.

I enjoy what WWE are doing with Team Hell No. They are one of the reasons why the Tag Team Division was able to build from the disastrous and lackluster Tag Team Division they had in 2011. It doesn't matter if some smarks doesn't think the comedy of Team Hell No is funny. Team Hell No is over with the crowd, they bring lots of value to the tag team division, and they have shown that they can be taken seriously like in the 6 Man Tag Team TLC Match against The Shield. One of the huge positives about 2012 that people forget to mention is that the Tag Team Divison is watchable again. Prime Time Players is a team that has lots of potential to become big in 2013. Both members have lots of charisma, and they function well together as team, like most teams in the division. Rhodes Scholars is already a team that has established themselves as one of the main teams in the division, since they were both legit single competitors in the WWE before they formed into a team. Other teams that has some possible potential in the divison are The Usos, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel, and 3MB. WWE has done a really good job with the tag teams this year.

Another success for WWE this year is the rise of Ryback. You can tell that WWE invested a lot into Ryback. They want him to become one of the stars of the company, and Ryback certainly has the potential to do it. When Ryback made his return after his injury, I knew that he could easily be made into star, but he could easily be a flop as well. So far, he's on the road to becoming a star. He certainly has the look, he's over with crowd, which is probably one of the most important things you have to do to become successful in wrestling, and he has passable in ring and mic skills. Right now, Ryback has to get comfortable to where his position is right now, and where he's gonna go from there because once Ryback is able to find his comfort zone, he should improve over time.

One of the things I don't like about WWE this year is moving Raw to three hours. I think Raw would be fantastic right now if it stayed at two hours, but I can get used to it being three hours long. If WWE is going to keep Raw at three hours, then they have to utilize the time that they have, which is another problem that they have. Instead of showing recaps, touts, and commercial breaks, they can use this time build up the midcard. They've already showcased the midcard in wrestling match, now they have to incorporate them into storylines. For about the past couple of years, there has been a severe lack in storylines in the midcard division. It seems that WWE only tends to focus on the main event stories, then if they have time, they will throw together a upper midcarder storyline. While the focus should be on the main event, WWE also has to spend time to build up the midcard. With a successful midcard, WWE will have more star power on their roster. This is one of the reasons why the Attitude Era was great, and why Smackdown in the last decade was always entertaining. Gimmicks aren't really necessary in this era. We are past the era where every wrestler needs a gimmick to become successful. That statement died after the end of the Attitude Era. All you need in this era is good in ring and mic skills to become successful.

Just my two cents on today's product.