Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxing Thread

214K views 6K replies 282 participants last post by  Rowdy Yates 
#1 · (Edited)

Since nobody posts in the boxing thread, thought I'd just make this thread for anyone interested to discuss.

See less See more
#414 ·
With two of three scorecards arguably controversial, it’s no surprise that Austin “No Doubt” Trout is hoping for a rematch with Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Unfortunately, there was no rematch clause for Trout, though there was in place for Alvarez Saturday night.
Are we ready to go round again?

#421 ·
Sergio Martinez insists Martin Murray will not hear the final bell when they clash on Saturday night. Murray takes a big step up in class when he faces the WBC middleweight champion in front of more than 40,000 fans in Buenos Aires. Martinez vows that the British puncher will be flying back home empty handed – after he’s been knocked out.

“We have watched tapes of Martin Murray’s past fights, he is a come forward boxer and will give me a good challenge in the ring, but it will not be enough,” said Martinez, who is boxing on home soil for the first time in over a decade. “The way I see this fight playing out in my mind, I will KO Murray in the eighth round. Some people have said Murray is facing me at the right time. Well, those people are in for a surprise on April 27. I might be 38 years old of age, but my body does not feel like it. I take care of myself mentally and physically. I am constantly in the gym working out even when I do not have a fight lined up in order to keep my body in shape. Also my fighting style has allowed me to not age in the boxing ring. My goal is to be the number one pound for pound boxer in the world and I will not stop until I reach that goal.”
I think this could be a good fight!

#423 ·
for that I have no doubt!

in other news...

A $23,233,330 purse bid was offered by Hryunov Promotions to host the Klitschko-Povetkin WBA heavyweight championship fight. That bid more than tripled the bid from Klitschko’s promoter K2, who bid $7,130,000, while Povetkin’s promoter Sauerland Event bid $6,014,444. The fight is slated for August 31 in Moscow, Berlin or Las Vegas.

Vlad Hryunov is the manager of Alexander Povetkin. Klitschko will receive 75% and Povetkin takes 25%.

The purse bid took place Tuesday at WBA headquearters in Panama City.

Both Klitschko and Povetkin must still win their scheduled voluntary title defenses. Klitschko faces meets Francesco Pianeta on May 4th and Povetkin faces Andrzej Wawrzyk on May 17.
:argh:

#438 ·
Audley Harrison has been written off more than any recent heavyweight contender you could care to mention, yet the 2000 Olympic gold medal winner is, quite astonishingly, one win away from a likely world title shot. If the 41-year-old southpaw can upset 2008 bronze Olympic medallist Deontay Wilder on Saturday’s Amir Khan-Julio Diaz card in Sheffield, his win will almost certainly be rewarded with a top-10 ranking (currently enjoyed by the 27-0, all KOs, Wilder).

And though Harrison, 31-6, 23 KOs, is a considerable betting underdog, he feels he will get the win and then look forward to realising his dream.
Amir Khan this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.