Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxing Thread

214K views 6K replies 282 participants last post by  Rowdy Yates 
#1 · (Edited)

Since nobody posts in the boxing thread, thought I'd just make this thread for anyone interested to discuss.

See less See more
#4,263 ·
Gennady Golovkin vs. Willie Monroe Jr just finished their fight, GGG sent Monroe home by the 6th round. Monroe had a great performance snapping GGG's head multiple times in Round 4, but he couldn't handle the speed, the power of GGG. Give GGG a God damn bone. Oh wait, top fighters with options are not going to face a GGG he's too risky to fight with that power. The KO win streak keeps going and California keeps loving GGG more and more he fights there.

#4,285 ·
I don't get why everyone now seems to think Degale would beat Froch, his performance against Dirrell really wasn't that spectacular. Take away those two knockdowns and I am not even convinced he would of won a decision.

See if the British media, boxers and fans goad Froch into fighting DeGale instead of Golovkin I am going to be pissed!

#4,301 ·
Carl Frampton signs agreement With Al Haymon

Undefeated IBF Super Bantamweight World Champion Carl “The Jackal” Frampton has signed a deal to work with boxing advisor Al Haymon.

Haymon currently works with a number of leading boxers including Floyd Mayweather, Amir Khan, Adonis Stevenson, Adrien Broner, Robert Guerrero and many others.

The American will work as an advisor to Frampton, who will continue to be managed by IBHOF member Barry McGuigan and promoted by Cyclone Promotions.

Speaking on the agreement, Frampton said: “I am very happy to have signed with Al Haymon. Al Haymon has a formidable reputation in boxing and has been the catalyst to securing the biggest fights in recent years.

“This is an exciting stage of my career after winning my world title, and my team and I know that this relationship with Al Haymon will help take my career to the next level. I am looking forward to it.”

Frampton’s manager and former World Champion Barry McGuigan said: “We are delighted to add Al Haymon to the team. Al Haymon is the best at what he does, there is no question about this. Al works with many world class fighters in the super bantamweight and featherweight divisions, so there will be plenty of attractive fights for Carl in the coming years.

“Carl is moving towards the peak of his career and we believe this is the perfect time to strike up this partnership.”

There will be news of Frampton’s second defence of his World Title coming soon.

#4,335 ·
Carl Frampton fights Mexican Alejandro Gonzalez in US debut

Carl Frampton will defend his IBF super-bantamweight title against Mexican Alejandro Gonzalez Junior in El Paso, Texas on 18 July.
It will be the Belfast boxer's first bout in the United States and the second defence of his world title.

His 22-year-old opponent has won 22 out of his 25 fights, only one of which took place outside of Mexico.

Frampton, 28, said: "I want to become a star in the USA and this is my first step on that journey".

Undefeated Frampton recently reached agreement with leading American adviser Al Haymon to secure a series of major fights in the USA, although he continues to be managed by ex-world champion Barry McGuigan.

The fight at the Haskins Centre will be broadcast across America.

#4,349 ·
The WBC has stripped @DannySwift of its 140-pound world title.

The WBC has ordered Viktor Postol vs. Lucas Matthysse for its vacant junior welterweight world title
https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn

That was quite depressing to listen to :sad: If Carl can't get motivated to work his garage heavy bag, then he should not be stepping inside the ring with GGG of all people!

#4,391 · (Edited)
Anybody see the Bradley vs. Vargas match last night? It was an excellent contest though you could see Bradley taking control in the later rounds, (Vargas needs to work on his stamina training) and then Bradley gets caught with DAT punch at the end almost goes down I was scared for a minute the ref would stop the fight prematurely and award the contest to Vargas, and then he did stop the fight early I was screaming at the TV like WTF

:fuckthis

Thankfully the ref admitted his mistake and Bradley won on the scorecards, and even though I thought Bradley won comfortably I wouldn't mind a rematch either (Y)

#4,403 ·
Hopkins Confirms One More Fight Before Retirement

Bernard Hopkins knows that there will eventually come a day where he's forced to step away from the ring for good, but is still in search of the perfect way to cap his Hall of Fame career.

The 50-year old living legend was on hand at 2300 Arena in his hometown of Philadelphia to promote what served as the penultimate edition of Golden Boy Live, which aired Tuesday evening on Fox Sports 2 and Fox Deportes. Minutes before watching unbeaten light heavyweight and former sparring partner Vyacheslav Shabranskky twice climb off the deck to knock out Paul Parker in three rounds, Hopkins took the time to confirm that he will in fact fight once more.

"Unlike my business partner Oscar de la Hoya, I'll be confirming that I'm not retired," Hopkins told Fox Sports' Jessica Rosales.The comparison was made on the heels of de la Hoya earlier this week backing off of recent claims of a planned comeback, confirming he is in fact done with the sport.

de la Hoya had good reason to stay away for good. His last fight came in Dec. '08, ending on his stool in between rounds as he suffered a one-sided stoppage loss to Manny Pacquiao. The defeat was a humbling reminder that Father Time had long ago caught up to him, although it had no bearing on his otherwise incredible career which was properly honored in his Hall of Fame induction in 2014.

Hopkins will undoubtedly gain entrance into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligiblity, whenever that may be. It was supposed to happen as early as nine years ago, following his upset win over then-top light heavyweight Antonio Tarver in 2006.

#4,412 ·
Carl Frampton's PBC debut will also air live on ITV primetime in UK

"I am delighted to be once again defending my World Title live on ITV on the 18th of July against Alejandro Gonzalez Jr," said Frampton. "It is brilliant news that this fight will be shown live on ITV at primetime in the UK and live on CBS in the USA. Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. is a young and dangerous Mexican challenger and I am expecting a tough fight. I feel I am the best Super Bantamweight in the world and I am excited to box in front of a huge television audience in the UK and USA."

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.