Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #2938 (permalink)
Glass Shatters
Humbled

Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony View Post
lol

I'm doing ABABxAB with occasional two day rests depending on how sore (usually my legs) I am.

A:
Bench 3x6
Bentover Barbell Rows 4x10
Incline Bench 3x6
Preacher Curls 3-4x10
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown 3-4 to failure
Dips 3-4 to failure

B:
Squats 3x5
Leg Press 5-6 x 10
Calf Raises 3x15
Deadlifts 3x5
Lunges 4-5x5

PLEASE HELP ME IMPROVE MY NOVICE SHIT PROGRAM

I'm eating a lot better at least.
You need to go to a split immediately. Like, now. Pronto. As soon as possible. On the dot.

First and foremost, there is a complete absence of tricep isolation exercises, while you have preacher curls for bicep isolation as well as reverse grip lat pulldowns which also work the biceps. The tricep is 2/3 of the "showcase" upper arm. Every guy who lifts wants big arms. Most guys ignore triceps. Don't. I'm not advocating extreme focus on the triceps, but you need to throw in some skull crushers, lying cross shoulder triceps extensions, close grip bench presses, and tricep pushdowns just to throw some out there.

I'm also not a huge fan of doing squats and deads on the same day. Seeing as it is one of the primary lifts that I concentrate on, I want to give my balls to the wall effort on each of them. I know that if I go all out on squats, I'm not going to be able to turn around and deadlift at full strength. Try something like this:

Monday: Squat ASS TO GROUND (go lighter if you need to, form is everything in power) , Pause Squat ASS TO GROUND (1 set only), Leg Extensions, Hamstring Curls, Weighted Calf Raises (alternate bi-weekly for Donkey Calf Raises), Box Jumps (alternate bi weekly for weighted lunges), Weighted sit-ups, Barbell Swings, etc.

Tuesday: OFF

Wednesday: Bench, Dumbbell bench (alternate incline/decline bi-weekly here, the DB gives you a deeper stretch than a barbell will and you must use better form with dumbbells allowing the incline/decline to actually do the work), Dumbbell flyes, Military Press, Upright Rows, Shrugs, etc.

Thursday: ARMS < - - THEY MAD. I do this

Friday: Deadlift, Lat pulldowns, Bent Over Barbell Rows, T Bar Rows, Good Mornings, Wrestler's Bridges (this is important, you must do them. Look them up.), etc.

Saturday: Cardio

Sunday: OFF

EDIT: Now, this isn't meant for you to follow to the T, but just showing how a split would better suit you. Working all of those muscle groups 3 and four times a week is hindering your progress more than anything. Create an outline on the three main lifts and tailor it to your liking. It's important to make your workouts short and intense. Every guy that I've personally known that was truly huge was in the gym for MAYBE an hour at a time. We're not IFBB pro's and shouldn't train as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
gym was hilarious today Fat people are afraid of free weights, which is great, so I was in & out in about 40 minutes.
BRB phaggots thinking they're strong because they can chest press 250 pounds on the machine. Always good for a laugh.

Last edited by Glass Shatters : 01-03-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote