Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - ROH Dearborn, MI - 01/18/2013

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
EmbassyForever
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

EmbassyForever 1001 - 1500EmbassyForever 1001 - 1500EmbassyForever 1001 - 1500EmbassyForever 1001 - 1500EmbassyForever 1001 - 1500EmbassyForever 1001 - 1500EmbassyForever 1001 - 1500EmbassyForever 1001 - 1500
Default Re: ROH Dearborn, MI - 01/18/2013

Quote:
On Friday January 18th Ring of Honor returns to Dearborn, MI for our first live event in the Great Lakes State since “Revolution: USA” in the summer of 2011.

That night, at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center, ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness is giving a hometown underdog the biggest opportunity of his wrestling life. The Motor City's own Tadarius Thomas will receive an ROH World Title opportunity, the first of 2013, against champion Kevin Steen in what is undoubtedly the highest pressure situation Thomas has been in since he joined ROH, if not in his entire professional career.

“This is a dream.” said Thomas to ROHWrestling.com, “I want to pinch myself and make sure I'm not dreaming. People are starting think there's something wrong with me because I haven't been able to wipe this smile off my face since Nigel contacted me and told me about this chance. It's the biggest thing that's happened to me and I can't deny I'm as excited as I've ever been. Now the pressure's on though because I've got to prove to everyone that, even with this underdog label, I am damn deserving of this shot at Kevin Steen. Unlike Kevin, I am proud to say I represent ROH and I would be honored to be the champion of the greatest wrestling company in the world. I know everyone looks at me as a longshot, Nigel told me as much himself, but my whole life has been about that. I've made it this far by staying focused on my goals, and while this chance came a whole lot sooner than I ever expected, being a champion has always been my goal. Thank you Nigel, thank you ROH, I won't let you down.”

January could be the biggest month in the career of Tadarius Thomas if he should win the Top Prospect Tournament AND bring an end to the now 8 month World Title reign of Kevin Steen. If he defeats Steen, Tadarius's profile will no doubt skyrocket in the wrestling world as he will become the holder of the most prestigious championship in all of wrestling.

Tickets for ROH's return to Dearborn on January 18th are available right here in the ROH Store!
a