Wrestling Forum banner

January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

61K views 1K replies 104 participants last post by  Liam Miller 
#1 ·
#374 · (Edited)
#381 ·
re: January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

"Chelsea executives told Frank in Japan during the Club World Cup then again reconfirmed with me after the Everton victory (last month) that in no circumstances will he be offered a new contract to stay at the club after the end of this season," said Kutner in several British newspapers.
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

#383 ·
re: January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

Mind boggling on Chelsea's part. There's a difference between gradually transitioning him into a squad player and trying to create younger talents by giving them more opportunities whilst still calling on him when necessary..as opposed to letting his contract expire and moving him on.

People should learn from the likes of Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Carragher, Henry etc that experience and wisdom isn't something to be thrown away. Lampard is a leader and figurehead at Chelsea, someone who can instill the values and honour a young player should have when putting on Chelsea colours. He's someone who young players could do with in pressure situations where media scrutiny is at a high and people are waiting for them to fall apart. Having that extra bit of experience can be the difference maker between a team struggling and a team capitulating completely. I still maintain that if Arsenal had the luxury of a Gary Neville, Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs back in the 07/08 season where they were breathing down our necks the entire season that fortune could have favoured them. Instead they had a team of promising potential that truly lacked the experience in winning a title run in outside of a handful of players and the way their form dropped in light of the Eduardo injury at Birmingham highlighted the limitations of a predominantly young squad.

I personally don't see Lampard going to any rival of Chelsea, though I suppose staying in London would be better for him than a move abroad.

#384 ·

i still think the signing of CORPORATE VIEIRA was one of the most important we've made. that vital experience, while obviously we werent in a position to win the title, it helped with the fa cup win. you saw the big influence he had with the team, just someone who was a real leader (of men). now you can see the exact same qualities in his position now, going to all the junior games, being that influence and leader for the younger players.

#385 ·

Experience really can't be overlooked. People like Viera and especially Neville, they've seen all the tactics and stories the media will run with when a team/player suffers in form. They know the score and are brave enough to take it on the chin and do their talking on the pitch. You see with a lot of younger players today with their agents, entourages or relying on team PR people to speak for them, they don't have that confidence or mental resolve that the older generation have and that can be the difference when you go 4/5 games without a win and suddenly people are commenting on your chances.

#389 ·

There are rumours than Jonny Heitinga is going back to Ajax. A parody De Boer account had #welcomebackheitinga which is ridiculous as there hasn't even been a medical but people had jumped all over it, however it does seem likely and did so before that tweet.

If we get good funds for him, we're looking at Vegard Forren as a replacement. Youth on his side rather than Heitinga so I think it would be a good buy for us, one for the future or if Distin leaves.

#395 ·

Cole can leave. But lampard, as awful as he is sometimes, the gives the lockerroom character. guy was an original. joined us before the roman days. natural born champion. instincts of a striker too. guy knows how to hit a thunderbolt

Even if its full contract, he should still get it. Lampard gives the club something money never can. Character. Leadership. A symbol

But Cole, we all know what our relationship is. Asking him to stay is like marrying a hooker

#396 ·

Not like you have a ready made replacement for Cole to let him just walk away though.

Lampard is a joke though. Should be being phased out but not kicked out. On top of the obvious leadership and locker room presence attributes he's showing he can still be a difference maker in games with his goals. Besides Terry where does the leadership come from with Lampard gone? (great role model Terry is btw).

#397 ·

Lampard leaving is just heartbreaking. All I wanted is for him to step back a bit and for him to play certain games. I can't deal with the thought of seeing him in another shirt. Actually makes me very sad. As horrible as when Zola left. Maybe a tad more.

Cole shouldn't leave either. Bertrand is not good enough. Cole still has a year left. But at the same time, I can see why the club don't want to give the 2 years. It's a tough one.

#398 ·

With Cole its just basic money. The guy never really gave a damn. To him its just about making money, winning trophies, and being the best. Unfortunately he has dropped off lately. And his wages are steep as fuck

Someone did the math, its actually more affordable if we let Cole go and get a new left back. Especially in long term

But Lampard is different, guy contributes immensely. We cant let him go.

I wouldnt underestimate terry though, few give a damn as much about the development and looking out for youth players as that man. not just in chelsea, but worldwide. Stories ive heard about him, from ex players and current, the guy really does make a huge difference. on and off the pitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.