Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #235 (permalink)
kimino
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

kimino 50 - 100
Default re: January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLCOCK View Post
I see what both Magsimus & Irish Jet are saying.

I agree that for all the talk about greed and players generally looking for the best deal regardless of their career growth, we have to accept it is a job and players depend on the income to provide for themselves and their family. Who amongst us would turn down a lucrative job offer on the spot purely out of pride? I'm not saying everyone in life would always choose money over job satisfaction, but there's no denying everyone would like to feel that their work will be rewarded with generous pay.

That being said, football plays such a great impact in a local community that its incredibly disheartening to see so many players profess their love and commitment to a club, only to run when a great offer comes in. Ba comes across as arrogant and conceited and is no doubt in poor company with this entourage of his, but does the blunt honesty make him a knob or better than someone who pledges to be better than the money-grabbers and then goes against his apparent beliefs when he finds an offer he can't refuse?

To see someone wearing your shirt and colours and know deep down he lacks the true passion and respect for everything the club stands for and has achieved historically must be infuriating and disheartening, so in that respect I can totally see why Magsimus loathes Ba. I wanted to string Rooney by his bollocks when I saw his antics in trying to secure an even more lavish contract with United, a club isn't something to be toyed with or manipulated: whether that's by an investor or a player.
Too long, to make it simple, you can see it from the player perspective or the fans, for me both are ok