Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #167 (permalink)
Tyrion Lannister
The Dread Lord of Apokolips

Tyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inducteeTyrion Lannister is a HOF inductee
Default Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Quote:
First off I think Punk/Taker, for the WWE Title in a Streak vs. Streak match sells itself and has more intrigue to it than any other main event WWE can table right now. And yes that includes the joke of Rock vs. Cena II or Rock vs. Lesnar, both for the WWE Title. Mind you I'm talking specifically about the closing match...the actual main event, not one of the supporting "main events". Facing Taker at Wrestlemania with the WWE Title on the line would be hands down the biggest match of Punk's career to date and he'd finally get the Wrestlemania main event match that he deserves.
No, he wouldn't get the main event he deserves because Undertaker and Punk is never closing a WrestleMania that John Cena, The Rock or Brock Lesnar is apart of. Forget it, it's NOT happening. I don't care if Cena vs Rock is their first match, their second match or their 5000'th match, there's no way in HELL they put Punk and Undertaker on last. The fact that his 20'th WrestleMania match with Triple H, inside a HIAC couldn't do it speaks volumes, and if Punk isn't getting the main event, this match isn't worth it. And even if he did get the main event, he shouldn't be facing Undertaker, he should still be facing Rock. That's the ONLY match fitting of the level he's at. If Cena got to do it, Punk should get to do it, and not just at the Rumble where everybody's just going to look at it as a B PPV match. You can call it the biggest match of his career but it's less big than he deserves.

Quote:
When I said I liked the ending that Marrow put forward with Taker winning and then leaving the title vacated, I meant that it was a unique and different way to go with the booking. My booked card however indicated otherwise with Taker winning the title and getting one last title reign.
Unique and different can still be bad. That's a disasterous way to end such a landmark reign. Even if he stuck around, he shouldn't GET a last title reign, what the fuck does that accomplish? It's like Big Show having the title, it's ludicrous in 2013.

Quote:
Punk's reign is going to have to come to an end at some point, and having it end it to Taker at Wrestlemania after hitting 500+ days isn't too shabby in my opinion. I'd rather Punk's reign end on the biggest stage of them all, with the stakes at their highest, and all the marbles on the table, than at some B level PPV in the middle of the summer to Ryback or someone else in a completely forgettable and uneventful fashion.
About the only thig I agree with here is that it needs to be a 500 day title reign and should end at Mania, but NOT to Taker and NOT in a midcard match. He can beat Rock via Shield interference at Royal Rumble or something and then Rock can beat him at Mania and then he can drop it at Extreme Rules and leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fissiks, on Roman Reigns View Post
i can't take any wrestler, who needs creative to marginalize the entire product to make him look better than what he is, seriously.

Last edited by Tyrion Lannister : 01-02-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote