Wrestling Forum banner

Your Top 3 WrestleManias of all time

2K views 47 replies 38 participants last post by  Freeloader 
#1 ·
Rank you're top 3 wrestlemanias in order

Honorable mention: wrestlemania 21.

1. Wrestlemania 17. Amazing card. Clear cut #1. I don't know how it wouldn't be anyones #1. Every match was great

2. Wrestlemania 14. The night Austin was made complete. This also featured the first match of one of my favorite fueds of all time Kane/undertaker.

3. Wrestlemania 18. Hogan/rock atmosphere was epic. HHH/Jericho was good, Kane/angle ect

What's your top 3?

#4 ·
Re: Your top 3 wrestlemanias of all time

Haven't seen any before 14 so I'll just rank the ones I've seen.

1. WM 17
2. WM 19
3. WM 21

The first and second choices were really easy but had to think quite a bit on the third. Angle/HBK, Orton/Taker and MITB 1 swayed me towards WM 21 tho.

#5 ·
Haven't seen any before 14 so I'll just rank the ones I've seen.

1. WM 17
2. WM 19
3. WM 21

The first and second choices were really easy but had to think quite a bit on the third. Angle/HBK, Orton/Taker and MITB 1 swayed me towards WM 21 tho.

yea, I was close to putting wm 21 over 14. But the main event kills it for me. Never liked Batista

#10 ·
Re: Your top 3 wrestlemanias of all time

1) WM 19
2) WM 17
3) WM 16

#15 ·
WrestleMania 17
WrestleMania 19
WrestleMania 20

It was hard to decide the last one for me between 20, 22 and 24. Ultimately, I went with 20 because Eddie/Angle, the main event, Jericho/Christian, RocknSock/Evolution and 'Taker returning sold it for me. 22/24 aren't far behind though.

#16 ·
1. Wrestlemania X-Seven: Obvious number 1. Great main event, plus other top tier matches were great (Taker/HHH, Benoit, Angle, Shane/Vince, TLC Match) and the undercard was awesome aswell (Jericho/Regal, Eddie/Test, Raven/Kane/Show, APA & Tazz/RTC), and it had good rest matches (Gimmick battle royal and Chyna/Ivory), although Chyna/Ivory had a great stroyline attached to it, so it being a squash isnt bad, and the gimmick battle royal was fun. All around just a perfectly paced Mania.

2. Wrestlemania 19: This one is a very close second, very close. Had a whole lot of main event matches (Angle/Lesnar, Rock/Austin, Hogan/Vince, Booker/HHH, and HBK/Jericho) all of which were very entertaining. I wouldnt be opposed to anyone ranking this number one either as this one is also simply phenomenal. Undercard was great to (Rey/M.Hardy, 3 Way Tag Title match, Womens Title, Taker/Show & A-Train). I think the undercard for WM17 is what makes it better than this one, although the Womens Title match was really good, as were the other matches, its just comparing the 2, WM17 takes it. All these matches got a good amount of match time aswell, which help it be a great show.

3. Wrestlemania 14: This is another great Mania, coming up short to the other 2. Great main event, with one of the best build up. Also on this show was Kane/Taker, which is one of the best storylines of all time, with a great match. The Dumpster match was really entertaining aswell, and put NAO on the map. Had a fun battle royal to start the show, Light Heavyweight bout was exciting, HHH/Owen was a solid match aswell, Mero & Sable/Goldust & Luna was decent also and paced out the show nicely, and Rock/Shamrock had a good feud going into it, but the match didnt deliver having it go for only about 5 minutes, and end by DQ, but it continued the feud and wasnt a DUD or anything so it still makes it a great show.

Honorable Mentions: Wrestlemania 21, Wrestlemania 24, Wrestlemania 20, Wrestlemania 3

#19 ·
1.) WM 22

2.) WM 17

3.) WM 28

#23 ·
I honestly have to laugh at anyone bringing up WrestleMania 2000/XVI. That show was a goddamn nightmare with one outstanding match. Saying WM 2000 is an all-time great WrestleMania is like saying Royal Rumble 2003 is one of the greatest events ever. One match does not a great pay per view make, people.

#28 ·
Wrestlemania 21 - Batista & Cena become champions for first time, bringing new superstars to the era which I liked.

Wrestlemania 23 - Batista vs. Undertaker, Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena, Jeff off the ladder onto Edge, and more. The only thing missing was Triple H.

Wrestlemania 24 - Just flat out my favorite Wrestlemania. Orton beats Triple H and Cena for his last PPV win of his reign, Edge vs. Taker (two of my favorite superstars), Batista/Umaga was great, Punk wins MITB, and finally we have Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels. Great, Great pay per view.

#33 ·
Watched WCW so i havent seen all of the Manias before X8 but my top 3

20 - Benoit vs HHH vs HBK was epic as well as Eddie winning as well
18 - Rock vs Hogan, Stone Cold vs Scott Hall, Y2J vs HHH
19 - Rock vs Stone Cold, Lesnar shooting star press

#34 ·
WM8 - Piper - Hart (sleeperhold reversal pin win)
WM 14 - Michaels/DX/Tyson angle - plus Kane and Taker's match promo and Taker's entrance
WM 15 - Rock - Austin (stunning) and Taker hanging BBM from the Hell in the Cell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.