Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #163 (permalink)
NoLeafClover
The Winds of Change

NoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missedNoLeafClover probably won't be missed
Default Re: WrestleMania XXIX Match Card Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Having the longest reign in 25 years ended by a guy who appears once a year, and he immediately vacates the belt and it gets put in a tournament would be SO horrible. What a waste of time.

Giving it to Rock is a waste too, since Rock doesn't need to get the rub of ending Punk's reign, but at LEAST Rock winning lets them build a huge WWE title match for Mania, so they get something out of that time and effort. Taker just dropping it means nothing.

This match is so not worth Punk's time, and what's worse is it won't even be for the title. It's maddening to think the payoff to over a year of excellence is a match with Undertaker that gets overshadowed by Cena/Rock 2.
First off I think Punk/Taker, for the WWE Title in a Streak vs. Streak match sells itself and has more intrigue to it than any other main event WWE can table right now. And yes that includes the joke of Rock vs. Cena II or Rock vs. Lesnar, both for the WWE Title. Mind you I'm talking specifically about the closing match...the actual main event, not one of the supporting "main events". Facing Taker at Wrestlemania with the WWE Title on the line would be hands down the biggest match of Punk's career to date and he'd finally get the Wrestlemania main event match that he deserves.

When I said I liked the ending that Marrow put forward with Taker winning and then leaving the title vacated, I meant that it was a unique and different way to go with the booking. My booked card however indicated otherwise with Taker winning the title and getting one last title reign.

Punk's reign is going to have to come to an end at some point, and having it end it to Taker at Wrestlemania after hitting 500+ days isn't too shabby in my opinion. I'd rather Punk's reign end on the biggest stage of them all, with the stakes at their highest, and all the marbles on the table, than at some B level PPV in the middle of the summer to Ryback or someone else in a completely forgettable and uneventful fashion.

Blood. Urine. Vomit.
NoLeafClover is offline   Reply With Quote