Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #128 (permalink)
CGS
Celebrating my first World title

CGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whore
Default re: January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
12m is not steep. Not in today's market for a striker who scores goals. Do you expect to get a young England international for 50 pence? (This isn't just at you CGS, because a lot of people seem to think it's overpaying)

Yes, Sturridge is very greedy, but he is also very talented. Give him love and he will perform. People will speak about the position issue, but he was one of our best players in the first half of last season and that was playing from the right. Liverpool are getting a very good striker with a lot of potential, which he still has time to realise.

I know for sure if the club wasn't so corrupt and he got a run up front, we'd be many points better off and probably still in the Champions League.
Honestly The only reason I said it's steep is due to the fact that his contract would have ran out in a couple months. Pretty sure that's the same reason Rush is skeptical about the price too. Due to the contract I reckon we COULD have bargained for lower than 10m.Had he had another year or two on top of that I'd say 12m is more than fair for a 23 year on international striker. England International striker at that. We could have got ripped off much more no doubt.

Throw all of that in with the fact that Chelsea know we need a striker, and we ain't exactly their best friends we could have been charged extortionate price.

GOAT STEVIE G
CGS is offline   Reply With Quote