Wrestling Forum banner

TNA's British Boot Camp

10K views 109 replies 59 participants last post by  TNAsFuture 
#1 ·
The show starts tonight. Thoughts going into it?

Also anyone know what time it starts?

#3 ·
Me, too. Not sure who's actually in it but I've heard Spud is. He's a decent little high flyer from what I've seen of him.

Also, I can see this being a good move for the UK indy scene with the losers of the show (I'm assuming the show will have a similar set up to Tough Enough where they all battle for a contract and 1 person wins it) will get nationwide exposure, hopefully driving a few more people to attend shows.

#7 ·
Eh, it's alright. It's only the first episode so I wasn't expecting anything beyond an introduction.

Thought it was a bit weird that the Blossoms have been in OVW since 2009 though. Why not just normally call them up if they're in your developmental system?

#8 ·
My pick to win after show 1 is the Blossom Twins, I can't see them letting Spud win unless they're going from zero to hero story through the show. The show itself could have done with being an hour long, 30 minutes was far too short. We were just getting into the show...and it ended!!

#12 ·
I'm a fan of grumpy old veterans beating people up in most forms of wrestling (aka Finlay matches :side:) so that was pretty fun.

Spuds accent is horrible though. Really seems more apparent when he's angry too, doubt brummy would go over well in America.

#13 ·
It's an ok concept. The major problem is that it's completely staged/scripted and the main 'character' Spud cannot act to save his lfe. It's embrassing to be honest. The two birds would get fucked though, let them in for beng fit.

#19 ·
I enjoyed both episodes and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. So far I'm not a fan of Rock Star Spud. Party Marty Scrull really showed him up in the ring in the first episode.

Yeah it was on Challenge at 10pm.

#20 ·
Think the Blossom Twins will win, look like natural Knockout Champs and are actually OK in the ring, been watching a bit of them on youtube in OVW and they look unpolished but have some good link up moves for tag matches. If they don't win they'll get a call up from WWE or something.

Marty seems pointless.

Would like to see Spud feud with Zema Ion

#22 ·
I don't actually think British Bootcamp is what it seems.

Alex Shane mentioned the other week that he has exciting news in relation to the success of Challenge/TNA/Wrestletalk TV.

I half expect a weekly British Wrestling show on the back of the rise of the popularity of Pro Wrestling in the UK this year. I also wouldn't put it past TNA to let the UK federation use the name and the branding etc, like an overseas branch or a sister show.

I think boot camp is to attract the casuals, I was watching it with my sister then who usually detests wrestling in all it's forms, she couldn't get enough of it, because it was accessible and tied into popular culture, think about it, Challenge TV is free for everyone in the UK this could be huge.

I do think it could be the most intelligent move that a wrestling company has made in years. It was top worldwide trend on twitter for over an hour because they've been ramming it down our throats on Impact every week for months.

#23 ·
Initially I was surprised at how scripted it was, but once I remembered, "It's wrestling! Of course it's all a work!" I enjoyed it a lot more.

30 mins was too short though. An hour would have been more involving, so it was fine this week but presumably next week it'll go down to one episode, which will just be too short IMO.

#25 · (Edited)
Yep, reality tv show is reality tv like.
Marty MUST win but I'm watching it because Spud is a entertaining douche.

#26 ·
Marty seems bland as hell, despite technical in-ring skills ; Rockstar seems a perfect X-division heel, but I've never seen a match of his, so... ; and the twins are likeable, and would be an instant success in the KO Div. The show in itself ? Typical reality tv format, which I expected, so no big surprise there. So far, it's okay.

#27 ·
It's a well structured workumentary - I doubt there'll be any legit competition for the TNA contract. The real question is whether TNA's US audience is seeing any of this. If not, then it has limited potential & only The Blossoms really stand a chance of becoming stars. Marty would do ok I guess blanding in with the TNA midcard (pun intended). Spud, I just don't get the fuss. Saw his heel act on a PCW show last year & it basically involved aiming lewd gestures & suggestions at a busty blonde in the crowd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.