01-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread
1. No. 1 Contendership for the World Heavyweight Championship: Bully Ray vs. James Storm
2. X Championship: Austin Aries © vs. Zema Ion
Good heel vs. heel affair. Zema’s character work was great, and Aries was in his usual TGMTEL mode. Plenty of psychological tactics from both guys, it really helped.
3. World Tag Team Championship: Samoa Joe & Magnus © vs. Matt Morgan & Crimson
Liked this a lot. Crimson was the biggest douchebag and piece of shit in the world here, lol. Was it predictable storytelling? Yes, it was, but it was also logical and good. Joe and Magnus did their usual stuff, but this was all about Crimson turning on Morgan. I gotta say, these two teams had the underrated feud, they produced at least three ***+ matches.
4. TV Championship: Robbie E © vs. Devon
5. Knockouts Championship: Gail Kim © vs. Madison Rayne
6. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. AJ Styles & Mr. Anderson
Another criminally underappreciated AJ Styles match from 2012. This was really good.
7. Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy
I used to have this at ****. It’s not great anymore, but it’s still a damn good match. If you really WANT TO hate this match, then there is your classic Angle/Hardy stuff, but nothing too bad, IMO. So many good things happened in the match. Thumbs up for the work here.
8. NO HOLDS BARRED: Sting vs. Bobby Roode
Uh, oh… Sting proved yet once again he’s a terrific showman and crowd worker, and… that’s it, that was the best part about this main event. No Holds Barred gimmick, yet they wrestled a basic low-bump style match. Disappointing, tbh. And, of course, there was that embarrassing post-match stuff with Dixie Carter. She’s boring, annoying and terrible.
A mixed bag. There were four really good matches, solid TV Title match, and then you had some not so good stuff in Gail/Maddie and the main event. Too shame Sting and Roode closed the show on a low note, because the previous stuff was enjoyable overall.