Wrestling Forum banner

January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

61K views 1K replies 104 participants last post by  Liam Miller 
#1 ·
#3 ·
re: January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

A month where teams like us try to keep our players.

Has anyone else all but been confirmed, other than Ba?

#17 ·
re: January 2013 Transfer Window (Soon to be featuring Crazy Jim & Sexy Natalie)

Cant see any players being brought in

Most likely Powell and Henriquez will go out on loan, will be interesting to see how Henriquez will do at Wigan
Agreed, would like to see both of those loaned out.

Also suspect PETERBOROUGH to get some loanees on board, to help Fergie Jr. out of trouble. I wonder who they'd want. :fergie :rvp

We're not signing anyone. My only hope for this window is that we keep Nani.

#5 ·

:fergie "That Willfried Zaha would fit in. Although, we do have young, Nani and Valencia"

"Should I up my bid to somewhere in the region of £10 - 12 million?"

#112 ·
#9 ·

Celtic look to be bringing in Rami Gershon from Standard Liege but we are facing a difficult task in keeping hold of our key players,

Fraser Forster - Man Utd
Victor Wanyama - Man Utd
Gary Hooper - Juventus, Liverpool, Sunderland

Gary Hooper is stalling on a new deal while Lennon is hoping our tie with Juve will be enough to convice Victor to stay for the rest of the season although Lennon has dismissed reports that Samaras will be moving to Liverpool in January

#10 · (Edited)

please dont be a month of ZOMG TRANALDO IS COMING WE CAN AFFORD HIM CHECK THE SHARES CHECK THE SHARES

or something like that. talks between chelsea and ba are apparently off, with the transfer costing chelsea close to 30 mil. what a wanker.

also:

obviously a BIG DARIUS fan

#11 ·

Ba to Chelsea doesn't look like it will happen, which I think is a good thing in the long run.

My hopes for Chelsea are that we can get £12m for Sturridge, take in 2 strikers that know they're not going to be first choice unless they can earn it and someone to cover at CB.

#14 ·

I hope West Ham buy a few because hell we need them and I hope we don't sell Diame, I would be cutting a bitch if that happens!
Doesn't he have a £3.5m release clause? Absolute bargain. Can't see him Leaving West Ham after 6 months though.

Great, are we going to be stuck with Ba then? C'mon Roman, just pay the man and his leeches their obscene demands. :sad:

#13 ·

A great opening post, Seabs.

Who do I want? Some striker. I guess Remy would do for now. A defensive midfielder since Romeu is fucked. I don't even know who here. Maybe Capoue. M'Vila is a headcase so no thanks. Everyone else good isn't leaving. Central defence looks a bit better. May be able to get to summer with this. But then a top line central defender must come in. May need a left back too, because :cashley maybe off :sad:

#20 ·

A great opening post, Seabs.
Thank you.

We aint signing anyone but fine. Should have enough to win the title if we play the right players and not Carrick/Scholes together in the middle. Not convinced Henriquez will get much game time at Wigan either. Hoping more than anything else that City don't bag a creative midfielder and Yaya doesn't come back from Africa revitalised.

#18 ·

Tim Cahill is rumoured to be coming back on loan for a few games to England. Most I've heard is Sunderland. I would have thought he would be banned for 3 games due to getting sent off on his last game at Goodison, but does that just mean if he played for Everton again with the suspension not applying if he signed for another club?

#21 ·

i saw united fans wanking themselves silly on another forum saying shit like henriquez will start every game. kone and di santo are better. will get games purely because he's an unknown quality. i presume he's fast.

we have some japanese lad on trial with us for a few days. won asian player of the year or something, can't remember his name though. im convinced we'll sign someone, and i convinced someone will go. bobby ruled out lescott, which makes sense with kolokolokolokolokolokolokolotoure going to africa. carvalho does peak my interest as a CORPORATE VIEIRA-esque signing.

#22 ·

Lescott's probably off in the summer anyway. Carvalho's probably totally useless now. When was the last time he even played for Madrid? Barely makes the bench these days. Lack of pace will kill him if you brought him in and played him.

Utd fans tend to embarrass the rest of us a lot tbf. Admittedly I've seen nothing of Henriquez but I'd be shocked if Wigan give him much game time. Kone's on top form and Martinez thinks Di Santo is bees knees. Good experience though and he's more likely to get some game time there from the bench. Would prefer Powell to be going a Premier League team though.

#24 ·

Reading some Wigan forums and they reckon they will be very short of strikers, Kone is going to the african cup of nations, and they are saying di santo wants away. Dont expect Henriquez to start every game but he should making regular sub appearances and the odd start. Hopefully he can make a good impression when Kone is away

#27 ·

I so hope we get the creative midfielder and/or striker we desperately need. We need to push on if we want to keep challenging for the top four spot this season, fresh faces are needed. Unlike last season when we brought in fucking Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha, good riddance Harry Redknapp and your bullshit links.

#29 · (Edited)

Would of been awesome. If Sigurdsson showed his Swansea form and indeed his Hoffenheim before the previous, he'd be brilliant playing in front of Dembele/Sandro and off of either Defoe or an inform Adebayor. He's getting better and better though.

Well if we get that creative midfielder (Moutinho for example, we can dream). I imagine we'd put him next to Sandro and push Dembele up more to cause more havoc as he'd be given more freedom up there, could always just parnter Dembele with Sandro and then have Sandro just sit infront of the defence (at the moment he's bombing forward etc) I imagine AVB knows what he wants and he obviously is pushing 4-3-3 as it is his favoured formation. I do think that midfield 3 has a LOT of potential though.

Bale - Defoe - Lennon
Dembele
Moutinho - Sandro

or

Bale - Defoe - Lennon
Dembele - Moutinho
Sandro​

I think that would be an all out goalscorer away for a team contending higher than fourth place. Of course over time we'll start to replace Lennon for a goalscoring wide forward (which is why I imagine we were after Willian in the summer)

#32 ·

Nope, just coming back from injury. He's come off the bench previous few games and he is so assured on the ball. Just gets the ball, so calm on it and retains possession so well. Sort of player we need to bring on instead of the likes of Huddlestone or Livermore who are clearly not on the level of Parker. With Reading coming up tomorrow, I imagine Sandro will get his much needed rest and we'll start with Parker and Dembele in the middle, probably start again against Coventry too but I don't think AVB will sell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.