Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - So, what WAS the best year in gaming in your opinion?

View Single Post

Old 12-31-2012, 03:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
blarg_
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude

blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_
Default Re: So, what WAS the best year in gaming in your opinion?

I think that 1992 was a fantastic year.

Wolfenstein 3d pretty much revolutionized the FPS genre on the PC, without it we never would have gotten Doom.

The original Alone in the Dark came out that year, and was considered the first survival horror game in 3D. Capcom was directly inspired by AITD when they made the original Resident Evil. AITD was a fantastic game in its own right.

Mortal Kombat. Amazing level of brutality for its time.became one of the most successful fighting series ever.

Mario Kart. I spent hours upon hours upon hours playing that game. One of the best games to make use of the FX chip, and a kick ass racer to boot.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Arguably the best in the series.

My vote would have to go to 1998, that was gaming at it's absolute peak. Nintendo and Sony were hitting their stride. Zelda OOT and Metal Gear Solid are both undisputed classics, and the best rated games of that generation. On the PC, Starcraft was born, nuff said.