Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Overrated actors and actresses

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #73 (permalink)
blarg_
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude

blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_
Default Re: Overrated actors and actresses

Yeah i'm not a big fan of the movie as a whole. Some of my favorite movies are atmospheric so it's not the sub-genre it falls into, maybe it's just the fact that I thought it was a poorly realized atmospheric movie. The two leads did absolutely nothing for me, and some of their scenes were borderline cringeworthy. I actually did want to like Drive and tried very hard to overlook the stuff I didnt like, all things considered, I think it had potential to be a very good movie had more care went into the project.

Bickle and Driver are very similar in their handling of emotional control. They're both introverts disgusted by the ills of society, but try to put on a front before shit boils over. They both exhibit odd social skills, especially with the females. They're both Drivers, but that doesnt add that much to the core personality.

If Gosling's retarded blank stares are a reflection of the world he inhabits, that alone does say alot about this movie lol