Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Overrated actors and actresses

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #71 (permalink)
blarg_
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude

blarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth reading
Default Re: Overrated actors and actresses

I understand what you mean. I think alot of the blame goes to Nicolas Winding Refn's direction of making an atmospheric movie will little substance, but Gosling didn't make me feel like he was an emotionally complex character with dark undertones at all, instead he came across to me as an actor going through the motions. His blank staring looked retarded more than anything. Take Deniro's performance in Taxi Driver as an example, he had similar personality traits, but actually made you believe that he was a ticking timebomb waiting to snap. A great actor can turn shit into gold, and Gosling's acting didn't do anything for me.