Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Best Royal Rumble Match in history?

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Freeloader
Getting over in the mid-card

Freeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missed
Default Re: Best Royal Rumble Match in history?

I really liked the 2007 last quarter enough to pick it as my favorite. The entire Rumble was very good. The Rumble was so good that it even managed to use The Great Khali semi effectively (ok he sucked once he got to the ring, but his spot placement was ideal). Viscera's fat ass took like fucking SEVEN people to eliminate him (he might be the fattest person ever in the Rumble - heavier than Yokozuna? His moobs make him look so). Lacking in star power perhaps, but Edge and Orton had arguably their finest Rumble match in 2007, both going close to a half hour. Edge was probably more than that. Plus Cena wasn't in the Rumble, so that was cool.

1992 and 2001 were both very good as well. But my 2nd ick would be the 1990 Rumble. As a kid, the infamous face off with Hogan and Ultimate Warrior was the single moment I marked out harder than at any point in my life. I mean every single wrestling fan was itching to see that spot, and it happened.

The action was kinda ROFL in hindsight (all that dumb criss cross across the ropes shit = haha) but the moment was straight up sick.