Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #12879 (permalink)
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart

Ray probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Rumble season BOIIIS

I rewatched the 2010 and 2011 Royal Rumble matches. 2010 was far too short IMO, but it's amazing to see how far guys like Ziggler, Henry, and CM Punk have come in 2 years and how far down guys like Ted Dibiase and Drew McIntyre have fallen. Also, holy shit has the WWE bought in a whole new influx of new talent ever since. 2 years ago, Michaels, Undertaker, Batista, Edge, Jericho, Triple H were all over TV and featured in prominent roles, but that has changed so much. Good match, and the intro with CM Punk was effin' great. Not exactly a memorable Rumble. I hated how Edge won the Rumble though. It felt like such a dry victory. I wasn't exactly expecting a Taker/Shawn Rumble 2007 ending, but I was expecting something more then Edge just throwing Cena out in 2 minutes. Cena/Edge should've had a solid 6-10 minute match at the end of the Rumble to build up more drama, but other then that, decent Rumble.

As for the 2011 Rumble, I remember HATING it at time, and fucking hated that Del Rio won the Rumble, but I've warmed up to it. It was one of those matches that you hate watching live on PPV, but a couple years later you end up enjoying it. The first half of the Rumble was FANTASTICALLY booked, but the 2nd half, after all the Nexus elimination it really cooled off. Kane as the 40th entrant was really underwhelming at the time, but how can you have your expectations so low after Edge used the fucking Killswitch to win his title match earlier in the night? Punk was great in the match. Also, I fucking hated that Santino was the runner up

I'll give the 2012 Rumble match a miss for now. I don't think I'll like it more then I did when I watched it live right now anyway

So in retrospect:

2010 Royal Rumble Match: ★★★
2011 Royal Rumble Match: ★★★

Credit: GOATviaDQ