Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#4,363 ·
Re: Annnnnndddddd Houston is plummeting! #Linsanity

Despite his efficiency this year (discounting the last 3 games), I'd agree with you at least on the offensive end. When the ball gets swung to Kobe, it stops. Nobody else will touch the ball for the remainder of the possession. As for on the defensive end, I've noticed a handful of times when he has missed a rotation when playing off the ball.

#4,367 ·

Kobe's O has some issues like getting others involved and not being decisive enough but they're minor compared to everything else. He's been pretty off in the past 3-4 games I think but despite that, the Lakers are the 8th best offense in the league right now (and they were 6th a few days ago before Kobe's cold streak) so we know that Lakers' O isn't the problem and Kobe's play isn't the root of the cause. There are other issues with their O too like Dwight not getting involved enough to get in rhythm, turning the ball over, getting stripped in the post, not establishing himself and Gasol has a limited role now. But, like I said, 8th best offense in the league so their O is fine as it is.

Their biggest issue is by far their defense (ranked 20th) and Kobe is part of that but IDK if the majority of the blame goes to him. Their overall team defense + effort is just lackluster. Dwight hasn't been his former self this season + has regressed athletically, Nash gonna Nash which makes for awful pick and roll defense, transition defense is bad and their coach doesn't do much to help the cause.

EDIT: I think that Kobe stat where their record is better when he scores less than 30 is deceptive when you consider their offense has been fine.

#4,368 ·

Their defense won't improve either. Not as long as D'Antoni is coach.

It's funny. Laker fans did all that whining about Mike Brown and they hired a coach that's just as incompetent, if not more.

#4,378 ·

Mike Brown is a great assistant coach. Just not head coaching material.

The reason Cleveland did so great was because Mike Brown had them playing elite defense and they put together a lot of role players that meshed well with LeBron.

#4,379 ·

That roster was fine. People need to stop being morons and saying it was bad in any way. It was made to make up for his weaknesses which it did perfectly. That's why they won 60+ games twice in a row, a feat not even close to accomplish-able by this Heat team. The only problem was that that team wasn't suited for the playoffs as well as the Heat team.

#4,382 ·

It's not trollin'. That's your general nature. Always bring up irrelevant things when a good discussion is happening to either denounce one's argument, as if there is no validity to it. It's extremely annoying and what irritates me most about you. You yap' very loudly until factual or valid context is presented, then you try to redirect the conversation to something you're more comfortable talking about.

WHY YOU DO THIS?

#4,383 ·

It's not trollin'. That's your general nature. Always bring up irrelevant things when a good discussion is happening to either denounce one's argument, as if there is no validity to it. It's extremely annoying and what irritates me most about you. You yap' very loudly until factual or valid context is presented, then you try to redirect the conversation to something you're more comfortable talking about.

WHY YOU DO THIS?
It was absolutely trolling as I know it pisses you off. I countered all the points you made against Kobe, what more did you want me to do? It's not like I just responded to your quote with the "lol you don't even watch basketball" which I could quite easily have done as I know you haven't seen that many Laker games as you've mentioned multiple times that you haven't seen many games this year. So honestly, what the fuck do you know do about MY team when you hardly watch them?

But please, go on, what factual or valid context argument did you present? How is your opinion factual? Kobe is a bad defender because you watched two games in which he played poorly? He ruined the offense because he had an off night(well he has been on a cold streak and played costly lately, but he also had a really long hot stretch)? He ruins an offense that is actually playing very effectively aside from an outrageous amount of turnovers and like bro said is one of the top rated offenses in the league? He plays bad off ball defense, but also stepped up in recent games by guarding the other teams best player while also trying to maintain his offensive touch, one of the reasons why he's been shooting rather poorly lately. It isn't exactly easy guarding the other team's much faster point guard and it results in tired legs which results in missed shots.

And yeah I know this whole post was condescending, but being an ass to you is expected considering you're just as big of an ass to me so please don't moan.

#4,394 ·
Re: Annnnnndddddd Houston is plummeting! #Linsanity #CountOnKobe

Trade Deadline Wishlist:

- Doc Rivers is fired.
- Rondo is traded.
- Jason Terry is traded.
- Brandon Bass is traded.
- Jeff Green is traded.

- Courtney Lee is traded.

Bolded are the ones that are mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.